The Shack

The still water was like a mirror reflecting back all that it could see. The shack sat there like it was fixed to a plate of polished glass. All around there was silence as a soft, quiet voice was awakened by the wind. The trees started laughing in the wind. This place was deserted yet the trees screamed magical. There wasn't an animal or being insight as the hard light from the coarse sum turned to a soft, warm, glow of the sunset.

The air becomes crisper as the cool night nears. My mouth is suddenly filled with the taste of fire roasted chicken. The shack rocks a bit as a school of fish makes small ripples through the river. Mountains surround the small river. They are are filled with sharp grey rocks and green vegetation yet very few trees. Clouds cover the sky above; making a hasty grey, blue and musky purple colour combination. The sharp rocks covering the mountains fall down around the shack. Not one hitting it. The shack has a force field against Mother Nature and its invincible.

Looking through the shallow water, all I can see is stones and boulders covered in algae. Sometimes I'll see a small fish dart past. It's a crisp dark night now and more boulders fall around the shack. The mountains are crumbling to dust. A haze of dust and water droplets rises as the mountains disappear. Soon the only water left is in the shack and bits of mountains cave around the shack. Now there is only a small cave with a old shack sitting in the dead centre, cold wet and lonely.