Deppresion- What its Really Like

|| "what's depression like" he asked
                     She answers "it's like                    drowning but everyone is telling you to swim but you can't and they are to blind to see it" ||

I look around me. I'm in a crowded hall for an assembly. I'm shaking. I can't stop. Every person I see turns into him. I can't focus. I hear my name. I really don't want to go up but I have too. I take a deep breath and plaster a smile to my face. I collect the award and sit in the corner I was sitting in before. Everyone is just congratulating me and I'm just trying to swallow my sobs. It's too much. I can't see anything I blackout mentally. I can still my body moving around, lining up for class and writing notes. But inside my head I'm abusing my self for being weak. For not being able to protect myself. I can't handle this. I grab a pen and paper, write I'm sorry and get on a bus. The bus takes me to the city. Once I'm there I go to the closest sky scraper I see. I look up the shy is dark grey, the cool breeze makes me shiver. I climb to the top of the building, onto the roof, I look down. I go to step when I'm pulled to the ground.  It's a homeless man. He tells me to go home and be happy. Now I'm just plastering a fake smile everyday day to keep the questions away and the demons in.