Cherryblossom Skies- ONESHOT

It was early, around 5:30am in the Japan timezone, and the sun lay in wait just beyond the horizon.
The wet, soggy ground was oozing petrichor. The sky was grey. The clouds were faded like his old once-black jeans, the undersides were shining, painted a delicate silver. Everything was tinted blue, as if one of those colored filters had been placed on the world. Yes, everything was bluish-grey, as if the world was in a Van Gogh painting. Everything except the pavements, littered with pastel pink cherry-blossom petals, everything except his red leather jacket. Everything except the other boy's lips, matching the delicate pink shade of the blossoms.
Tearing his eyes from the soft pink lips, the dark-haired boy raced off of the gondola they'd taken to the top of the mountain. He tugged his companion along behind him, forcing through the crowd to the edge of the railing.
"Look." The he whispered to the brunette beside him, pointing out to where a shining silver-ish lake spread out in front of them.
Finally, they were away. Away from the fans, the expectations. Away, for once, from their own cameras.
But apparently, in Phil's mind, they weren't alone enough yet. Grabbing Dan's hand, he ran through the crowd. At the edge of the crowds, Phil pulled the younger boy gently off of the pavement and onto a small footpath. As they stepped into the forest of blossoming trees, Dan paused, shooting Phil a questioning look.
"Where are we going?"
The response was carefree, and Dan could hear the smile in his boyfriend's voice.
"Does it matter?"

As they traveled further along the path, the sounds of the touristy Mount Fuji visitor center faded into nonexistence. All was quiet except for a faint lapping of water from the lake below them.  The pink canopy above showered the two in a thick, delicate, rosy confetti.
"It's beautiful..." Dan trailed off, looking upward past the branches. The sky had changed, no longer the subdued bluish grey, but a pale creamish white.
They two boys stopped where they were, taking the time to admire their surroundings, as well as eachother. Somewhere in the distance, Duncan and Mimei were probably looking for them. But in the moment, the couple didn't care.
"Happy anniversary, Dan." Phil whispered.
As the sky turned coral with the dawn, their lips collided.
"I love you."