Chapter 1-lost lover(part 2)

Alex Stuart

I began searching for the scarf like my life depended on it. As I was searching I heard scratches on the door as if an animal was trying to get in. I grabbed my axe from it's stand and cautiously proceeded to open the door.

The rays of moonlight widened on the floor beside me and so did my eyes....as Nina stood behind the door with my scarf around her neck exactly like when she was about to die. I...I felt like I was living a dream, I just couldn't convince myself to what I saw. I moved with small steps towards her,dropping my axe. Tears crawled out of my eye sockets forcefully and I hugged her without a second thought.I felt so glad that she was actually there and it wasn't just me hallucinating. I took a step back and asked her,"Where we're you all this time?! Do you have any idea how much I missed you?!" She touched my face with her soft yet cold hands and replied, "I was always here, you just had to wish hard enough to see me dummy",with the voice that I had longed to hear again. I took her inside,sat her near the fire place with a blanket as I got the bandages to patch her up. When I asked her to remove the scarf, she refused agressively and said,"I'm fine! It's healed up completely there,you don't have to worry anymore".

I still remember that night,she slept like a cute lil puppy in my arms, but I wasn't really sure if this was actually happening.

Things started falling into place,one by one. I got back Mary and started to settle down slowly. Occasionally there were some weird things happening after Nina came back. When I asked her to remove the scarf off of her neck, she'd ignore me like I wasn't even there, her skin would feel icy cold whenever I touched her and she would kept disappearing with Mary for long periods of time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I hope you haven't been so blinded by love that you start loving the wrong person because that being isn't Nina, that thing has just taken the persona of your wife as per your wish. It's going to feed on a living soul to complete its form. Before that happens,you need to accept that she's no more otherwise sooner or later someone's going to get hurt because of your feelings!!",I told Alex as he was engrossed in telling his story. "Easy for you to say,you're not going through what I am", he said with an angry smile. After looking around I started to put two and two together." Wait........where's Mary!?!", I panicked as I realised what was happening. I ran towards the door and grabbed my backpack in a hurry from it's resting place near the wall and Alex followed as he put on his jacket.

I searched for them just outside the house while Alex wondered what I was doing. Frustrated and a bit worried I asked Alex to take me to the place where Nina had died. Alex took the lead as we both ran through the thick snow into the forest. Just as the forest grew in size with each step I took towards it so did my concern for Mary's life. "What the hell is happening? Mind telling me!", Alex yelled at me, getting tired from all the running. " That thing you call Nina is trying to take your daughter's life to make itself whole. The only reason it's been able to exist for as long as it did was because it fed on Mary's life. You have to believe me,this isn't the first time I've dealt with one of them", I explained to Alex, gripping my backpack's handle as it slipped from my shoulders. "Stop talking crap about Nina, she's not the MONSTER you claim her to be!",he told me,skidding as he tried to stop. "YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!", I yelled at his face while gripping his jacket's collar.

"Stop talking you little SHIT!",he burst out in anger as he pulled back his arm and punched me,sending me flying onto the snow - covered ground. "Ha..haha...haha ", I laughed as I felt the sting from his punch on my face."You are such a blind moron...."I said. There was a moment of silence, then a cry from a distance that pierced our eardrums. I got up recklessly, throwing snow into the air as I leaped and ran towards the cry.

I arrived at the scene. Nina stood as snow covered her head like a brides veil and lil Mary seemed like a rose bouquet in her arms, it almost seemed like that as I extinguished her. A black aura from Nina radiated in every direction indicating she was about to absorb Mary's life into her own empty vessel (body). I removed a packet of sea salt from my backpack's side pocket and poured it out on my hand as the only way to extinguish her was to recreate the pain she went through when she died. Flinging my body towards her,I aimed for her neck as it probably was a weak spot but I got repelled violently by the black aura she created around her like a barrier, the packet of salt fell from my grip.

Alex arrived,seeing Nina for what she actually was. "Nina......what are you doing?....", Alex asked her with widened eyes." I'm going to make your wish come true Alex, I'm going to come back just like you always wanted", she replied with a smile. "ALEX!...don't listen to her, are you gonna let her steal Mary's life away just so you can have you're selfish wish?! Grab the salt from my hand and extinguish her!"I said as I tried to sway him into doing the right thing. Alex got down to his knees and gripped the snow with his bare hands and tears ran down his face. He got up and began walking towards Nina with open arms,"Nina,I wish for you come back to me", he said with a smile. "NOOO!!,you can't do this,NOOOO...",I yelled trying to get up but my body wasn't listening as Nina pinned me down with her aura.

He went forth and hugged Nina. All of a sudden she began screaming in pain as I saw Alex pull off the scarf and hold her neck where the scar was. I couldn't believe it,she was being erased. Nina fell into Alex's arms along with Mary, "it burns Alex....it..hurts a lot",she said with her fading voice." I know exactly how you feel, it's like salts been rubbed on my wounds too", Alex's voice cracks. He wraps her neck with the same scarf she bled in". "I'm sorry for not letting you rest in peace but can you really blame me for loving you so much ? . Thank...you for all you did for me, you don't have to worry about me anymore", he said as he smiled and said farewell. He kissed her as his tears rolled down her face and she held his and faded slowly into nothingness. "NINAAAA I will...always love u..." , his cry echoed through out the woods as he tried to stop her from fading away.... . I wish there would have been another solution but this was the only way. As we walked back, Alex apologised for punching me. He seemed like he had a changed a little after what had happened. This time when he would look down at his arms, he would see his hope, Mary Stuart.

Hellooooo readers,I would like to thank Zanyzero for all the help with the grammer and apologise for giving u the next part so late,takes me long to find inspiration . Temme peeps,how was it?what do u wanna see more of?,be a good critic and I shall be a good author. Comment and vote plz;)