Chapter 15- Show Time

It was time for the show to start. The auditorium was crowded. The Chipmunks walked onto the stage. The lights went down and the music started.

DJ- Yeah! In the place to be! Chipmunks on the M-I-C! Witch Doctor! Everybody, can they do it? (Can they do it?) Come on, people, let's get to it. (Let's get to it.) Come on, shake. (Shake). Come on, roll. (Roll). With the chipmunks on the floor. Come on, shake. (Shake). Come on, roll. (Roll). With the chipmunks, here we go!

A- I told the witch doctor I was in love with you. I told the witch doctor you didn't love me true. And then, the witch doctor, he told me what to do, he said that-

All- Ooh to the eee the ooh the ah ah. The ting to the tang. Walla walla bing bang. Ooh to the eee the ooh the ah ah. Ting tang walla bing bang.

Backstage during the song, Brittany noticed Jeanette and Elenore dancing along to the music. She glared at Elenore and hit her on the arm. Then she turned toward Jeanette and threw up her arms and gave her a "what are you doing?" look.

When the song was over, the Chipmunks got a standing ovation. Backstage, Brittany saw Jeanette clapping and she made a motion with her hand like she was going to smack Jeanette upside the head, but didn't. "Jean-ETTE!" Brittany yelled. Jeanette stopped clapping and hung her head. "Will The Chipettes come to the stage, please?" the principal announced. Brittany held her head up confidently and lead Jeanette and Elenore to the stage. As soon as they were ready, the music started.

B- I wore red, already tried that. What's it gonna take for you to get that? When I text, you don't text back. No you didn't cause you didn't care.

E- And your games make me crazy. It's like yes, no, maybe.

J- And I love your smarts, baby. Though I'm really not supposed to care, but-

All- Oh, oh, oh.

B- I say I don't like him, but it's just not true.

All- Oh, oh, oh.

B- I say I don't like him, but you know I do, cause-

All- Baby, it feels so right, even if it's so wrong. I wanna scream out loud, boy, but I just bite my tongue.

B- This one's for the girls messin' with the boys,

All- Like he's the melody and she's background noise.

B- Baby, why can't you see? It feels so good, but you're so bad for me.

J/E- Oh, oh.

B- It feels so good, but you're so bad for me.

J/E- Oh, oh.

B- It feels so good, but you're so bad for me.

B- Always want what I can't have. Give it all never get half. You're like "girl, where you been at?"

J/E- (Where you at?)

B- And I really wanna just not care, but-

All- Oh, oh, oh.

B- I say I don't like him, but it's just not true.

All- Oh, oh, oh.

B- I say I don't like him, but you know I do, cause-

All- I'm dying tonight, trying to hide

B- Hide what I'm feeling, I'm feeling

All- Like I'm dying tonight

B- To keep it inside. When I say hello, should be saying goodbye. Oh!

The Chipettes got a standing ovation as well. People jumped out of their seat and screamed. That's how amazing the performance was.