Chapter 16- The Show Must Go On!

As the Chipettes walked backstage, the boys waited for them. "You know, you guys weren't half bad." Alvin said. "Thank you." Brittany replied with no emotion. "You goys were great too!" Jeanette exclaimed as she hugged Simon. Elenore hugged Theodore. "Um, Alvin, can I talk to you in private?" Brittany asked. "Sure." he replied. Brittany dragged Alvin away from the other four. "I'm sorry about all those times I snapped at you and acted mean. I guess I just wanted to keep my image. And I kind of saw you as a threat." Brittany admitted. "What?" Alvin exclaimed, "You're amazing! We'll never be as amazing as you! You're the queens of the school!" Brittany smiled. "Well, I guess I've learned to be friends with the competition instead of focusing on beating the competition," Brittany said, looking at her sisters. She saw them making out with Alvin's brothers. "Because that will drive you insane." Alvin laughed. "Tell me about it." It was Brittany's turn to laugh. "You know, you're kinda cool when you're not a complete psycho who's screaming at me all the time." Alvin remarked. Brittany playfully pushed him. Suddenly, the principal's voice interrupted their time together. "Will the Chipmunks and The Chipettes come to the stage, please?" the principal said on a microphone. "I guess that's us," Brittany said, "Good luck." "You too." Alvin replied. The Chipmunks and Chipettes walked onto the stage. "And the winner is..." the principal declared. There was a long pause. But before she could declare a winner, Brittany blurted, "Wait!" All eyes were on her. She took the microphone from the principal. "We'd like to compete with each other," she glanced at Alvin, "instead of against each other." "Very well," the principal said. The girls huddled up with the boys. Then it was show time. Brittany turned towards the audience, lifted the microphone to her lips, and the music started.

B- You're a nut case. I'm insane. In some ways we are the same. I'm driving you crazy, it's my little game.

A-I push you, and you push back. Two opposites so alike that

B/A- Every day's a rollercoaster, but I'm the bump you'll never get over!

B/A- It's a love

J/S/E/T- Love!

B/A-Hate!

J/S/E/T-Hate!

B/A- relationship. You say you can't handle it, but there's no way to stop this now, so shut up and kiss me. Kick!

J/S/E/T-Kick!

B/A- Scream!

J/S/E/T-Scream!

B/A- and call it quits, but you're so full of it, and it's too late to close your mouth. So shut up and kiss me.

All- So shut up! So shut up!

B- Shut up and dance with me! We were victims of the night. The chemical, physical kryptonite! Helpless to the bass and the fading light. Oh, we were bound to get together, bound to get together. She took my arm. I don't know how it happened. We took the floor and she said,

Boys- Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me. I said, "You're holding back." She said, "Shut up and dance with me." This woman is my destiny. She said ooh hoo. "Shut up and dance with me."

Girls- So shut up! So shut up! It's a love (love), hate (hate), love (love), hate (hate), love (love), hate (hate).

B- Cause it's a love

J/E- Love!

B-Hate!

J/E-Hate!

B- relationship. You say you can't handle it, but it's too late to stop this now, so shut up and kiss me. Kick!

J/E-Kick!

B- Scream!

J/E-Scream!

B- and call it quits, but you are just so full of it, and it's too late to close your mouth. So

All- Shut up and dance with me!

The whole crowd got out of their seat and cheered. Brittany exchanged glances with Alvin. Then they finally hugged.