The Prologue with No Title (Of Intensity)

Prologue

                The light of the decaying sun shone through the cracks in the forest branches. The bushes rustled and a small figure appeared. The oversized almond shaped eyes, black as coal looked at me. A smile crept across her face.

                “A traveler I see. One too young to be here but to wise to not,” the female like creature came out of the bushes. “My name is Syrne, I’ll be your guide,” her head tilted to the side, with her eyes closed. Then she started to walk further into the forest. Her figure started to fade into the forest until I started to absently started to follow her into there. I passed through a bush into a clearing. As I looked around my guide wasn’t there.

                A small voice chirped up  from the tops of a tree. “You’re not going to find her. She’s trying to kill you.” Another creature jumped down from where she was. An elf like creature strode towards me. “Here you can’t trust anyone and can’t believe anything you hear.”  She opened a door in a tree. “Welcome to the dream world of the dead.” Through the door I could see all of the wildest dreams of fantasy; dragons, castles, angels, fairies, flyers, etc.

                “What about Syrne?” I asked

                “What about her?” her arms crossed with a curious look on her face. She put her hand at the bottom of her chin holding her elbow with her other arm. “She was a Siren. You know the sea witches that bring sailors to their death by singing and their beauty, drowning them. But she’s a world walker so she travels.”

                “Why am I here, it’s the world of the dead?”

                “This is not the world of the dead, it’s the dream world. It’s like limbo, but you get a chance to live.”

                “I still don’t get why I’m here.”

                She gave a sigh, “You’re in a coma. You were hit by a car.”

                “How long do I have to find what I need to get out of here?” I asked starting to think more rationally.

                “You have three years here. Time travels more slowly here so 1 month in your realm is 12 months here.” She ushered me in the door. “The key you need to find gets harder after 3 years, and disappears after 20 years,” her voice started to get louder as I got further into the portal. “Oh and if you get into trouble call for Doom Bringer!” Her voice was almost a whisper as the door plunged me into the dream world of the dead.

***

                “Well, well, well, look who got in trouble,” Doom’s head shifted. Syrne scowled.          

Suddenly butt fairy.