Chapter Five

Jenna kept following the stranger, until they stopped somewhere open. "Where am I?" She asked while looking around. "This is where you'll be all safe and sound." She looked at the Stranger skeptically. "Yeah, I am pretty sure I will be secure all over this open place." She said to him with a tone of sarcasm. He just shook his head. Jenna watched in confusion as the old man crouched down, looking like he was looking for something. Without warning, he pulled up some kind of door to a secret passage. "What is in there?" She asked, coming closer to check what's inside.

Instantly, Jenna heard some kind of moaning. The source of the sound presumably came from deep inside the forest the stranger and she emerged from. "What was that?" It came out as a whisper. The man looked around, concern was evident on his face. "Quick, we have to get in. Now." He motioned for her to get in. Jenna quickly scooted herself inside, taking care while getting down the ladder.

Suddenly, it became dark. She looked up to see that the door had been closed. "Hey! Where do think you're going?!" Jenna yelled for an answer, but there was no reply. She huffed and continued going down. The way down looked endless. Finally, her foot has found the ground.

Why did you trust this man? Jenna's conscience appeared in her head.

Maybe he is just tricking you. Was her conscience trying to make her feel bad?

You should have not done this. She took a deep breath and shook her head.

If anything, the underground place looked eerie and dark. The place was only illuminated by a yellow glow at the end of the hallway. The hallway was really narrow, fitting almost only one person. Jenna assumed that the extended hallway was half a mile long.

Suddenly, a cold shiver ran her spine. Her claustrophobia has appeared to taunt her.

She frantically tried to go up through the ladder, but to be repelled back by some invisible force. Desperately, she scanned the area to find any exit, but all in vain. Her inhalation became tight. "Someone! Anyone! Help me!" She yelled. But, unsurprisingly , no one came.

Jenna began hearing something in her head. It was unclear at first, but she soon got what those voices were saying. She tried shaking her head.Jenna would always try this when those voices would appear. Only this time, the method wouldn't work.

Turn left. This one caught her attention.

The sentence kept repeating itself. It sounded faint, flat, and very familiar. The problem is she couldn't place her finger on it. Jenna looked at the darkened hallway. Probably they are referring to the hallway. They maybe want me to keep going left. She said in her mind, the voices now disappearing.

She took her first step into that disturbing hallway. The yellow glow immediately started shuffling between red and yellow, as if it was laughing. She took a deep breath and continued walk in slowly. Just count till 10 and it will be fine. She began counting.

One. She heard someone yelling a battle cry.

Two. She felt some kind of pain all over her body.

Three. She felt being betrayed

Four till seven. She didn't feel anything. She felt normal, unlike before.

Nine. Jenna felt... dead.

Ten. She heard someone screaming.

Quickly, her eyes popped open. What was that? All of that was so real. Jenna had a feeling she that all the things she heard and felt was somehow on purpose. Why? And who would show her that? Her first left turn was coming close. This is going to be your biggest mistake. Her conscience warned her. She only shook it off. What was in there anyways?

She embraced herself and went inside.

........................

Chapter Five! Finally done with it. I know this chapter kind of like doesn't make sense, but don't worry, soon everything will be understood. This was one stressful week. Quizzes all the week. I updated today cause I had a chemistry quiz coming up tomorrow.

If you read till here, comment your worst subject ever. Mine is physics :P

Don't forget to vote.

New chapters every Saturday.

Yoyocat16