Chapter~ One

Erika's P.O.V.

I covered the slits of my eyes as the sun bright as fire rolled through the un-blinded windows. A soft breeze sent chills from head to toe as it ran over my body. Goosebumps sprouted over my arms quickly. I glanced over at the white satin curtains that were slightly moving because of the winds soft touch.

Slowly I sat up, rubbing my eyes to clear the blur I'm currently seeing. My bare feet touched the cold floor, I cringed at the fact but forced myself to get up anyways. Looking back at the messy bed I just wanted to snuggle back in and forget about life for a day, but that was no excuse to miss work. Lazily walking over to my vanity I peered at myself for a minute, my grey eyes shone bright this morning. Messy beach waves was my hair type, I have hair the color of Caramel, it's alright I think. My rosy pink lips curved as I noticed the light blush flushed across my cheeks.

Striding towards the dresser I grabbed a clean pair of matching knickers and a bra. Searching through my drawers I picked out lace shorts, a white tank-top with an almost see through mint shirt that tied at the bottom. I grabbed a pair of strap on Sandals with jewels and walked over to the bathroom. Slowly I peeked my head around the corner to see if my mum was in the kitchen, she wasn't. Maybe she was in bed, she works late nights a lot as a doctor, I almost never see her, but I don't mind.

I turned around to flip on the switch and tossed my clothes on the counter. The shower knob was chilled to the touch but mindfully I turn it on anyways. I'm not fond of hot showers, I prefer cooler water considering I live in California by the bay. Hopping in the shower I started singing a song by Tame Impala.

Once I'm clean I hop out of the shower and quickly towel dry my long hair, it was a pain to deal with. I brushed on some mascara and chap stick not really caring. Quickly putting on my clothes I threw on my aviators and I was out the door. Cursing under my breath I realized that I had forgotten my purse. Climbing into the house through my window I grabbed my bag and was on my way.

Quickly jogging to the car I fumbled with the keys and finally had the door unlocked. Falling into my civic I felt a burning sensation on the bottom of my thighs, the leather had gotten hot with the car just sitting in the sun. No time. I rolled my eyes as it seemed that I hit every stoplight possible, today just wasn't my day.

There was no room in the staff parking lot to the malls so I had to rush to the lot 3 blocks away. I glanced at my watch.. already 20 minutes late. Cursing lowly I got out of my car, locked it and started sprinting. Dodging people, I could barely see through my mess of hair, I gasped as I ran into a tall masculine figure. "Sorry I- I didn't mean to I just..-" my eyes ran up his tall figure only to see fond eyes peer down at me, a smile tugged at his lips, but then his curls fell a bit.