The Nightmare

I swing the door open, upset. "How the fuck do you know where I live, Niall?"

"Holy shit, Haden. Calm down, alright," he orders. His authoritative tone turns me on.

"I just..." I stagger, breaking eye contact and peering at the floor.

He kisses me - not on the cheek, not a peck on the lips, but an actual kiss. My eyes, widened out of shock, see that his are closed and his eyebrows are furrowed. I close my eyes, too. Then, he stops.

"Why'd you stop?" I ask.

He smiles.

"Careful," I say.

"What?"

"Your smile. You look like you're going to fall in love," I chuckle.

"And what if I am?"

My facial expression becomes serious and the blood drains from my face.

"What's wrong?" Niall asks.

"Something bad is bound to happen, because nothing ever goes this good." I realize I sound negative, so I laugh to make it seem like I was joking. He seems to fall for it. "Come inside."

As he enters he begins explaining how he knows where I live. "You might be a little upset... Well, you already are, but now I know a kiss will make you forgive me."

I open my mouth to retort, but nothing comes out so I scoff.

He continues. "I know this seems too good to be true, and I get that, but I've never felt this way about anyone."

I raise my eyebrows, listening, as my heartbeat speeds up.

"I love..." He looks down. I follow his line of sight and notice he's figeting with his shorts' waistband, nervously. "I really, really like you. Anyway, I was looking through your Instagram photos and noticed your house in the background of one of your selfies. My grandparents used to live here."

"Oh. That's fine."

Niall looks into my eyes, licking his lips a few times. He places his hands on my hips and begins leaning forward. He stops himself.

"Are you okay with this?"

"More than okay," I assure him.

"I... I don't think I'm ready. We don't even have a condom," Niall says, scratching his head.

"We can cuddle and kiss. Watch a movie and talk. Isn't that how couples get to know each other?"

"I'm not sure. Society has prevented me from dating who I want to. I have no experience," he says in a passive aggressive tone.

I frown, knowing all too well what he's talking about. I grab his hand and pull him to my room. Once inside, I say, "Sit down."

He sits down and just as his body meets the sheets, he falls through. I hear his screams, his impossibly loud screams. He's shouting my name.

I open my eyes and my mom is leaning over me. "Haden, are you okay? Your dad just got back with Dominoes."