Chapter 1

Pic of Amanda

Amanda

"Amanda"
"Amanda!"
I Looked up to see my boss glaring at me; as usual. she always had something mean to say and I was not in the mood for he drama, instead of firing a call back I bit my lip to keep me and swallowed my thoughts.

"I don't pay you to sit around and do nothing ............. She said ranting and screaming at me, I ignored her and walked to my table I had bigger fish to fry, my rent was due and my student loan will not pay itself.
I hate my job but working in this cafe pays my bills, but it was becoming difficult to keep up as the rise in prices of things was making it difficult to get by with my meager salary but who am I to complain, I work for 6 hours a day cause I am in college, I barely have time for myself, I am always in between jobs and school is driving me nuts.

The money I make barely pays my rent, feeding and college runs. I really need to find another job Preferably one with a night shift at a local grocery store so I can also get some study time.

I took the order for table seven and went to get their drinks,  I balanced them on a tray and
walked back to the table.

I suddenly lost my balance and spilled the drinks on a lady. I looked back to see the object that caused my fall, it was an umbrella hooked to the back of the lady's chair and I saw red.

an animalistic scream shook me and I quickly stood up, before I could say anything, she shoved me out of the way and walked down to the counter, I apologized profusely, following behind her.

she was Wearing a white blouse and a navy blue pleated skirt, the damage I caused wasn't as much but it was bad

she was Wearing a white blouse and a navy blue pleated skirt, the damage I caused wasn't as much but it was bad. I am so getting fired.

This  lady was a major customer and she looked like she was not going to let this go.

"I am so sorry" I said again

and she slapped me, on impulse I slapped her back and shoved her out of my way.
long story short I got fired .
I Stormed out of the cafe in anger, walked down to the parking lot to get my bike and left.

I decided to get groceries at the store on my way home but Mother Nature had other ideas,  it started raining heavily

I decided to get groceries at the store on my way home but Mother Nature had other ideas, it started raining heavily.
can he day get any worse, I was pissed, wet, hungry and  very close to loosing my mind.

I still got splashed with rain water and almost got hit by a car.
what does a 23 year old have to do to get a good day.

On getting to my apartment The sight that greeted me was horrid my apartment was a pile of bricks, wood and glass .this has got to be some kind of sick joke.

I definitely had to be jinxed and Whatever nightmare this is I want it to stop; I saw the Ellen and Gerald the old couple who owned the building beside my rental staring in horror at the sight.
My whole body shook and the waterworks just overflowed, I  crashed to the floor, I was crying and shaking from the cold.
Ellen ran to me, concern written all over her face.

"Oh honey, I thought you had moved out, didn't you see the notice by the front door"
she said as she held my hand and rubbed my back.
She noticed the confusion on my face and sighed.

Apparently a notice had been pasted months ago for residents to move out but I had been to busy to notice, I had not slept in my house for two weeks because I had tests to prepare for. It was then I realised how terrible my life is.
The apartment was bought 3 months ago by white limited and the stupid landlord did not inform us that he had sold the house.

The workers had been kind enough to put some of the items in the building outside before they started work, but the rain had done a number on them. I packed what I could salvage but I had no where to go and I could not afford a storage space.

Ellen and Gerald  helped me call a moving truck and promised to store some of my stuff in their storage till I could get back on my feet. After arranging my things in the storage, I thanked them and left, not knowing where to go or what to do. I was homeless, broke, in debt and in pains.
Knowing Ellen; she would want me to stay at her place but, I have never liked depending on people, I always felt like as burden, besides Ellen and Gerald were already  doing a lot for me.

Vote

Like

Comment