Chapter 3

Picture of the manison

Amanda's pov

It's been a week since I was admitted. I was getting stitches removed today, a part of me was glad and another part was worried about what awaits me when I leave the hospital at least I had a roof over my head for a while. I sat up and stretched my arms, I was sore everywhere, I have not seen him since that day and I was glad he did not show up. My things were brought to me same day I woke up and I was grateful for that, I could not imagine losing my phone, laptop and the little clothes I had left.

The door opened and a nurse walked in with a tray of food and some drugs. She smiled at me and took
Off the wires and IV.

"You should eat and take your drugs you'll be leaving in an hour" she said.
I quickly ate and she helped me put on some clothes as I could not move well.

I stepped out of the hospital room and decided to make a run for it, what were the chances that he would know, i got past the counter and rushed to the front door not before some men stopped me, dressed in black suits, they all had a wire earpiece thingy plugged to their ears.

"This way miss Collins, Mr white is expecting you " one of them said directing me to a car outside, I wanted to make a run for it but with a quicklook at my surrounding I knew it would be impossible.
The drive down to wherever was long and disturbing, I did not know what plans he had and how much I'll be paying for the damage to his car what scared me the most was, I had no where to go, no job, no family, no kin, no friends.
Although his generosity still baffled me, I knew it was out of courtesy.

We drove in silence for almost 30mins till we stopped at a very massive gate. The gate dinged and opened by itself and the driver drove to the front of a massive mansion, The driver opened the door for me and a lady stood on the curb smiling at me she proceeded to help me out of the car as my legs were unsteady.

"This way miss, he is waiting for you"
She said as we walked into the house,the architectural design was mind blowing, I saw so many artifacts and paintings and my stomach churned.

I followed her quietly, she  got to a large hall way with a door towering over us, proceeded to press on of some buttons, the door dinged and opened. We entered a well furnished home office and the lady guided me to a seat before leaving to fend for myself
I looked around nervously fiddling with my fingers.

I heard a subtle cough and I turned To see him sitting on the sofa at the far end of the office typing on a laptop.

" good you're awake"

"I did not want to wake you"

he said as he closed the laptop and turned to face me, he got up and walked to a mini bar near a mahogany bookshelf.

"Do you want something to drink"

I shook my head and cleared my throat.
He poured his drink and sat on the chair in front of me.
I shifted in my seat, a bit uncomfortable.
"Miss Collins I'll ask the questions and you answer, is that clear"
I nodded
"Where do you live?"
The simple question made my eyes mist, I pushed the tears back and tried to reply.

"I i i i lost myyy houseeee thé day of the incident"

He looked at me for a moment his expression unclear.

"Family?"

"None"

"Friends"

"None except Ellen and Gerald"

He did not bother to ask who they were.
he got up and pulled a file from a drawer before walking back his sir.

"So you're a college student, with a lot of debt, no job, no house and no family" he said staring at a document in his hand.