Chapter 1

"Dude, you're 16.You're practically old enough to make your own choices," my best friend Anne moaned. I bit into my chicken taco. It was October 25th, and we were sitting in Chipotle.
"Enjoy telling my mom that. She's a freak this time of year," I said. Anne looked at me with droopy eyes. I took another bite, taco meat falling onto my cashmere sweater.
"Crap," I whined. Anne handed me a napkin. I wiped my sweater and put the napkin in the red trays our tacos came in. I grabbed my water cup and grabbed my Coach purse.
"You wanna get going?" I asked. I was eager to get my sweater to Alice, my housemaid so she could clean it. Anne nodded and grabbed the tray to throw it out. My uggs scratched the floor on my way to the door. I opened the door for Anne and she walked out in front of me.
"Ok, remind me. Why is your mom so protective this time of year?" Anne asked. I bit my lip tasting MAC lipstick.
"You remember. I don't want to go over it again. I hate it as much as you do," I droned. I opened my Mercedes door and Anne opened hers. I started the car and buckled my seat belt. I turned on the radio to 103.5 Kiss FM. I looked over at Anne. She had a crappy look on her face. I sighed.
"Listen, I'm sorry ok? I'm basically on Halloween lockdown until I'm 22," I snapped. Anne sighed a long breathe. I hit her in the arm.
"Hey, you wanna get lattes?" I asked. "I can wash this out later," I reassured Anne. She smirked.
"M'kay," she agreed.