6. The Past

It has been months since our first date. Harry is now on tour with the lads. We talked on the phone, he sent me pictures after finishing every concert. My relationship with him has slightly improved to another level that I don’t really know. I get attached to him as day pass by

I still remember when we met the last time before he’s going for tour and it was not a date, I told him that I actually studied here and to my shock, he actually knew, as usual, Niall is the spoiler. Harry wanted to see when am I going to tell him, he looked happy when I told him, he even gave some cocky comments like I’m so glad to know you're not going anywhere' or 'i'm so happy I can see you easily when I get back' I laughed to myself. God, I miss him! I’m not going to lie, I have let my guard down for this boy, I don’t know why, my feelings just told me to trust him and that is what I do, currently.

My history holds so much for me to be falling in love and no, my past does not consist of a terrible boyfriend, horrible family or a mean father.

As I sat thinking about the past I started to shiver

I had a twin sister but she died two years ago. Her name is Ariel. She had cancer and she was just sixteen that time, can you imagine a sixteen year old carrying cancer. She was helpless and we try every possible way to save her, she had been in more than 3 surgeries but we still failed fighting the cancer. I wish I could share the pain but all I can do is giving her my strength. You know when people say twin is each other's half, I’m starting to doubt it. How can I not feel her pain, even a little? How come I don’t feel sick at all?

My heart aches everytime I hear her scream of pain, and it still echoed in my mind when I recall the memories. She died with a smile on her face. I remember when she said she was happy. A flashback came in mind

"Don’t cry Alice. Promise me when I'm gone you wont cry or I can’t be happy" I was crying and trying to stop but I can’t. She wipe my tears and start smiling

"Alice, I’m so happy right now, you don’t have to worry. I have a loving family, mom and dad are the best and Austin? he's the big brother I could always count on, not to forget my boyfriend, Jack, he came here everyday you know, always checking up on me, I feel like I’m a burden but he always tell me that I’m not, that he’s happy to see me everyday and you, I may not say this a lot but I love you" she chuckled happily like nothing matters. She had so much love in her eyes.

*end*

I miss her so much! She was my best friend, my sister and everything. She was my other half in a scientific way.

I started to cry remembering the memories, it hurt so much. We were alike but are different in many ways only some of the many people can differentiate between us and that is including Jackson, Ariel's boyfriend, but eversince she died, he always sees me as her and not Alice anymore. I will never forget the disgraceful things he had done and will forever remember the guy who has been my dark past over the years.

After Ariel died Jack's life has been miserable, he is even forced by his parents to go for counseling. Sure, Jack, Austin and I used to be very close even our parents like, no scratch that, even our parents love Jack. I love Jack too, like how he cares and love my sister even my sister is sick are something that I respect but he lost his judgment when my sister die. He can’t take the fact that he lost her forever

*flashback*

"I can’t help it Alice! You look exactly like her! I love her so much! I can’t bare the thoughts of losing her, my life without her" tears started to fall down his cheek. I feel sorry for him, I know that he is deeply in love with my twin, I can see it in his eyes but there's nothing I can do about it