1. surprise surprise

"fifteen pound" I gave the cashier's money. it was really annoying to see some of the workers treat their customers with a boring face. no smile no thank you, it really affected my mood somehow.

I take a few seconds to look at my surrounding. I have finally get to do my A level in London! it was so exciting, it is in my wishlist to study abroad in London. I mean, I love New York. Its my hometown, but I just really love London!

"em, miss? you dropped this" someone tapped my shoulder

"oh, thank you" I gave her a smile and when I look at her, my jaw dropped!

"Heidi? Heidi lockwood?!" I shouted

"oh my god!! Alice?!" she was jumping on her tiptoes like she was really happy, it makes me jump as well.

"yes!" we hug each other tightly. I haven't met her in years! we use to be best friends back in middle school but she had to move and we kinda lost contact after that. We always dream of going to London, firstly because we watch to many British movies, the scenery is just awesome back in that time, second, because of the sexy accent and recently I just added up in my list is one direction! but to top all of that, I found out England was the best place to study in accountancy. and I'm majoring in accountancy so its like four in one!

"omg! I just can't stop saying omg! you're actually here! Remember we used to plan to go to London? God, I definately remember those days" she said breathless

"of course I remember!" I was so excited that my hands are sweating, my long lost best friend is back!

"tell you what, tomorrow is Shayne's birthday. Please come? You remember Shayne right?"

"Sure! How can I ever forget Shayne, is he still a sweet talker like he used to be?" Shayne is Heidi's brother. We used to play together when we were little, and he's like a brother to me though I already have a brother.

"yep" she pop the 'p' "he's still the same old Shayne with just some maturity" she chuckled remembering her brother's attitude

I look at my watch, oh shoot! im gonna be late for class!

"Hey, I have to go. Call me, text me, anything you like. Don't forget address!" I gave her my number and rush out the supermarket.

****

I received Heidi's message. It says the theme is elegance? I have to buy a dress? And a lot of popular people are coming? which means? I don't really get anything. When I replied to ask she only replied with

'surprise! and buy a dress! Heidi xx'

I called my aunt to ask her for the nearest shop to buy a dress, I lived with my aunt in London, I was lucky Aunt Jenna is here or mom would probably say no for me to go to London. She gave me the address to the shop, it was a nice place, not really a designer dress but it looks classic and elegant enough. It was a dark turquoise dress that have diamonds all over the lower part of the dress, its simple and elegant I hope.

****

I was on the driveway to Heidi's house. Its not really shocking that Heidi lives in one of this big houses since I practically live in this kinda place too. I park my car and text to Heidi. seconds later, I received a reply

'come in quick! Cant wait to see u. xx'

with that, I open my car door and walk elegantly to Heidi's front door. It's been a long time since my last proper party. It was in New York and dad was just having a celebratory party for his new products. Its boring, the music is boring, the people are boring, you get the situation.