My Fake Boyfriend

• Dedicated to My crushes through out years, even though they don't last, you're the ones who i

A.P.O.V

(Aydrie's Point Of View, it's going to be Aydrie's most of the time, but I'll throw in gabriel's every once in a while)

Gabriel was the cutest boy in all the seventh grade. His deep chestnut eyes, his perfect smile, his gorgeous red hair, he was...a saint from heaven above.

He had changed quite a bit from seventh grade. His fiery red hair had become lighter with only a few dark highlights running through it. He grew a few inches an lost a few pounds of baby fat which only made him look even better.

I mean, I was average looking. I was the average brunette, emerald eyes, but not enough to be with Gabriel. Or maybe I was.

It was the first day of summer vacation, next year I was going to be a junior. There was no flaws in the day, not a cloud to be seen.

Everyone was hanging out on the playground at the elementary school that someone should really tear down. Sitting on the base of the rusty slide with me was my best friend Camille.

Then, with all of his glory, he showed up.

With his dark wash jeans hanging at his waist, and a white tee clinging onto his torso, Gabriel Limen stepped onto the wood chips.

His eyes read worry, but you could tell he was trying to play cool.

Gabriel walked across the playground, stopping every so often to flash a smile or say hey to someone. But it never lasted long as it seemed he was in a hurry.

Camille gave me a smirk. "You know he just broke up with Stacey Morgans. The first time since seventh grade he's been single!"

Stacey Morgans was a bitch. There was no other way to describe it. Even if she hadn't dated Gabe for five years, she never showed anyone respect. Everything had to be about her.

She was gorgeous, I'll give her that. Stacey could make slutty and classy work together and look good doing it without breaking a sweat. Always showing it off, she had the perfect body along with the clothes any other girl would look like a whale in.

And in summer going into seventh grade, Stacey Morgans used her perfectly manicured fingers to swipe away my beautiful dream husband. That was the thing that really pushed me over the fine line of jealousy and hatred.

It's not like I was the only girl though. Any girl with decent taste loved to hate Stacey for stealing the boy none of us had a chance with.

"He deserves so much better than her," I added to Camille's excited shriek. I don't have enough fingers or time to count how many boys Stacey had cheated on Gabriel with. Somehow that particular rumor had never reached Gabriel's ear.

Camille just nodded and looked back at the boy. "Don't freak out but-"

She snapped her head towards the ground, a panicked look in her eye.

Confused, I looked up to where she was looking before. My eyes met with his gorgeous brown ones. He was standing a mere few feet away from me, giving me a nervous smirk.

I gave a shy smile back with a small wave. "Um, hello..."

Gabriel took a step towards the slide. "Hey, it's Claudia, right?"

Camille raised her head, eyes popping out of her head. "Camille, actually,"

"Oh, I'm sorry,"

"It's okay!" she gushed. "It happens all the time!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, yeah! It's all good!" Camille's face started to turn a deep red. She despised people who couldn't remember someone's name, but I guess Gabe was an exception to every rule.

His eyes flashed over to me as he gave a weak smile. "And I guess your Aydrie."

A nervous giggle escaped my lips. I bit down on my tongue to prevent any further embarrassment to myself. "Your guess is correct!"

He smirked at my excitement. "This is perfect," he muttered to himself.

"Excuse me?" Camille asked, glancing at him suspiciously.

"What?"

"What's perfect?" I added for her, feeling a little bit defensive.

Gabe took a step closer, squatting down so he looked me directly in the eye. "You," he whispered.

Camille's eyes widen at the sight of him so close to me. "He thinks you're perfect!"

I sat there, shocked. What does a girl do when her long-time crush tells her she's perfect.

"Aydrie, will you do something for me?"

With a smile, I responded, "Sure!"

Gabriel glanced at Camille, who got the message and left. He sat her spot and grabbed my hand, sending sparks through my body.

"Stacey and I broke up a few weeks ago..."

"I heard. I'm sorry!"

He just shrugged before continuing. "Anyways, she's not understanding that I've moved on from her. I think you can help me with that. Will you help me?"

Unable to speak, I just nodded my head. This was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I was helping Gabriel Limen.

He brushed the hair out of my face. "Great. I need to pretend to be my girlfriend for a little while. Just long enough so I know Stacey's not going to do anything she might regret. You up for it?"

"Of course!"

"You do realize that will mean everyone will think we're dating?"

"Um," I but my lip to prevent myself from shrieking. "I think it will be okay."

Gabe smiled one last time at me. "Wonderful, just like you." He kissed me lightly on my forehead before standing up and walking away.

My stomach started churning, and my head felt dizzy. I had a boyfriend. A fake one, but it was Gabriel Limen. If it meant I got to spend time with him, I'd do anything for any amount of time.

Boo.