Chapter 11

When I woke up I told myself I would avoid Amirah all day. I made sure to sit on the opposite side of the room from her to prevent any conflict. I was successful until I had Defense.

"I'm still deciding what theme I want the wedding to be, maybe gold? I don't want it to look tacky though. What do you guys think about red?" I turned to Stella and rolled my eyes.

"Can you believe her? She is so desperate to get under my skin it's pathetic." Stella briefly rubbed my arm and gave me a smile.

"Just ignore her, and remember that Cullen is being forced into this." I gave her a half smile and turned to Mr. Galtero as he started speaking.

"Today we're going to work on our wing speed. I set up checkpoints around the room, you must touch the first one in order to reveal the second. Whoever can touch all five checkpoints the fastest will win." Of course Amirah was the first person to volunteer. She transformed and flaunted her power as she formed a tiny flame on the end of her finger. You think so highly of yourself, yet I could crush you single handedly. I felt something rising in my stomach. It was the same anger I had been experiencing the past few weeks, but it was getting braver.

Amirah lifted herself into the air and flew over to the first checkpoint. Another one appeared on the opposite side of the room. Watching her speed from one checkpoint to the other just made me angrier. She thinks she can just get whatever she wants. I need to put her in her place and show her what I can really do. Dark thoughts flooded my brain and I didn't know what to do. It felt disturbingly normal, but I knew I had to hold it in.

Amirah touched the last checkpoint and smiled as the class clapped for her. She looked at me with a belittling countenance. "Alena, why don't you try? I'm sure your time will be almost as fast as mine." Stella put a hand on my shoulder but it was too late, the darkness had taken over.

I transformed and claimed a spot in the air. Gasps erupted throughout the room and looks of horror covered their faces.

Amirah whispered loud enough so I could hear it, "What are you?" Confused, I looked across the room into the mirror hanging on the wall.

My once bleach blonde hair was now pitch black. My outfit was glittered black like the night sky, accompanied by black boots. My nails were long and pointed with black polish. I released an evil laugh at my new appearance. "It's time you pathetic Fia's see the real Alena!" I raised my hand and a ball of black fire encased it. Amirah anticipated my next move, and jumped out of the way before I threw it at her. Mr. Galtero ran out of the room yelling for Professor Waylon. So pathetic, at least he is smart enough to know when he will lose a fight. I laughed and raised my hands in victory, summoning my inner darkness. A loud crack erupted from the sky as ominous clouds surrounded the building. Streaks of lightning danced through the sky as I released my power to its true potential.

"Alena stop!" I looked down at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Cullen, how nice of you to join us today. Why don't you take a seat!" I threw one of the chairs in the room at him, causing him to crash into a wall.

"Alena, I don't know what's happened to you but you have to fight it!" How freaking pathetic.

"Ha! Do I look like a fool to you? I've never felt a power as invigorating as this. I hate to break it to you, but this is the real me! Probably glad you're engaged now, aren't you?" He slowly stood up and took defiant steps closer to me. I lowered myself to the ground, only a few feet away from him.

"No, that's not true. I love you Alena, I always will and you know that." He continued to walk closer until our faces were only inches apart. I leaned in and gave him what appeared to be an innocent kiss. I bit on his lip and he opened his mouth to me. I placed my hands on either side of his face as the kiss intensified. I began sucking on his essence, slowly drawing it out of him. He began to tense up and make helpless noises as if he were suffocating. I pulled harder and harder, reaching for his soul. I almost had it when he called out to me.

"Alena! I demand you to stop." Cullen dropped to the floor as I let him go and raised an eyebrow at my new opponent. Professor Waylon stood in the doorway looking sexier than ever.

"Damn, did I ever tell you how handsome you are?" I slowly walked up to him with a small flame dancing on the end of my finger. As I was about to embrace him, he pressed his palm against my forehead and chanted something in Latin. My laugh was caught in throat as I felt my magic seize up. I became extremely light headed and started falling to the floor. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Professor Waylon catching me in his arms.

I promised you guys an exciting chapter so here you go! Things are going to get crazy so I will try to update a little faster. Happy Halloween to all my readers :)