Rayne (The Story)

Rayne.

This story began on the 2nd of June 2000. A couple of days after I had turned 14. Myself and my closest girlfriend Jade had decided to visit my little cousins in Hackney because we'd bunked school on a Friday.

Chapter 1.

Friday June 2nd 2000

"Oi, is there a problem?" I asked

"Nah there isn't a problem." She replied.

Since Jade and I hopped on this bus this girl had been screwing us hardcore for ages and I wanted to know what her problem was.

"So why you screwing us for?" I asked back watching her face intently.

"I aint screwing innit."

"Boy! You better not be." I replied watching her with a screw myself. Dumb chick.

She quickly went to texting on her phone. We were out of the ends moving from Tottenham to Hackney to visit my cousin. Everything was cool until we met this girl on the bus 253 going to Hackney Central. When it got to the Hackney Central, I looked out of the window to see a bunch of girls and boys who appeared to be waiting for something. Or maybe someone...

"O shit" I thought. The girl started waving and shit. I realised that she'd called them for me because I'd asked her if there was a problem. There was. And the problem was that girls at the time thought, well, still think that they're dons when their truly not.

We got off the bus with the girl walking in front of me. I felt like gripping on that damn weave in her hair. But I didn't want to start hyping until I knew for sure it was me they were there for. Jade and I got of the bus and started heading towards the Tesco's to get on another bus.

"Oi what you saying now sket?" The girl shouted.

Funny how most people have very little to say on their own and become preachers when they have an audience who is backing them.

"Rayne just walk away. You know we aint here fi that! Just let sleeping dogs lie and kick out. I'm hungry." Jade pleaded trying to lighten the situation.

I laughed but didn't listen to her warnings. I had a very short temper and at the time, I must have felt that people needed to respect me. How wrong I was.

The lesson I was later to learn was that, in order for people to do so, I had to respect myself.

"My name is Rayne you dirty bitch. And if you got a problem holla innit."

The crowd started was shouting and taunting and instigating therefore making the situation worse than it already was.

A large female approached me and mentioned how her friend. The girl on the bus, said I'd been 'screwing' her and talking 'crap' about her to her face.

I wasn't in the mood to sort things out at all.

"If its beef jus say so innit, why you hyping if you aren't going do shit. Fam do me something." I said ready to fight.

The crowd started getting bigger most people started taking out their phones ready to record what they thought was going to be a wrestling match.

"Ite it's beef." She the girl from the bus stated with an evil smile on her face.

I happily returned that smile.

If she thought I was scared of her, she had another thing coming.

"If you man wanna fight do it some where less bait. Pigs patrol these ends on a regs and nobody wants to get shift do they?" a voice stated calmly.

We agreed to go the nearest park to 'sort things out' and we also agreed that no-one would interfere in the fight.