Checkpoint ~Poofless~

apr.18/2016 edit: deleted the kids aren't alright stuff

what the hELL was i thinking this is a video game au and i fucking combined it with fOB idk what i was thinking also "i think the kids arent alright by fob would be good with this" yeah younger me mAYBE it would fit with a story that included the kids arent alright lyrics in it mhHM

2K reads! That's great, thank you so much! o(^▽^)o

Oh my god I finally update on time! :o

Words: 1329

Rob's POV

I found myself in an a dreary, dark alley. All was silent except for the gurgling sewers.

A voice in the back of my head urged me to walk forwards. Why not, I thought, got no other options.

I stepped forwards, and continued walking until the scene faded into an abnormally bright green meadow. It was the color of a Sharpie green highlighter, and as far as I could see, hills dipped up and down the skyline.

There was not a tree in sight, but tiny cyan blossoms dotted the grassy landscape.

I turned to the left, seeing endless rolling hills. I turned to the right, and in the distance, I saw a figure standing there.

I approached the figure, and as I got closer, their features became clearer.

He wore baggy black jeans and a stripy red-and-blue sweater. He had a vacant smile, with teeth whiter than pumpkin spice lattes. His mousy brown hair was ever-so-slightly spiked up, and his hands were in his pockets.

Just a few feet away from him, my heart flip-flopped and I stopped abruptly. A thin voice whispered, You are in love with this mysterious man. But who could he be?

I walked up to the man, and his smile became wider when he saw me.

"Hello. I'm Robert." I said.

He smiled pleasantly at me, and replied, "Good afternoon. My name is Preston Arsement."

"It's nice to meet you. What are you doing in the middle of a meadow?"

Almost automatically, Preston replied, "Well, you see, I lost my dogBlaine here a few hours ago and I am waiting for him to come back."

[How did you lose your dog?]

[What were you doing here?]

"How did you lose your dog?" I questioned.

Preston stared sadly at me. "I was just roaming around, admiring the sky and when I turned around to call Blaine back, he was gone."

"That's terrible for you." I sympathized.

"Yeah, yeah,"  Preston agreed absentmindedly, "Do you like dogs?"

[Yes! They're amazing, beautiful creatures. I've always wanted a dog.]

[No! Pssh, I absolutely detest dogs. They're rabid, flesh-eating creatures. I don't know how anyone could like dogs over cats. I mean, sure, I kinda feel bad for you, it's your pet, but cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Seriously. Just get a freaking cat or something.]

"No! Pssh, I absolutely detest dogs. They're rabid, flesh-eating creatures. I don't know how anyone could like dogs over cats. I mean, sure, I kinda feel bad for you, it's your pet, but cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Seriously. Just get a freaking cat or something." I scoffed.

Preston glared coldly at me. "Seriously, do ya have to be so harsh? I just lost my dog and you spout out rude comments."

[I'm sorry for my sudden outburst. I just never had a dog, you know?]