Explanations

The creatures dropped me in a nest type thing. "Well I'm not in Oregon anymore." I mumbled. The beings approached me and one spoke. "I know this is new to you, but all will be explained. So I recommend getting some rest." The voice wss soft and female. It was almost conforting. I whimpered slightly afraid they might hurt me. They seemed gentle enough though. One feature that stood out was their wings. They looked like angels now that my eyes had adjusted and oh how beautiful they were. Every creature had a slightly different colored set. What could they want with me, a flightless human? I decided to sleep on it.

Time skip to next morning.

I panicked a bit at the unfamiliar surroundings. The same female creature was waiting for me.
"Be quiet child, and I will explain. My race is called angels. It's where the tale of angels comes from. Everything about us is human except for our wings, which define our personality based on the color. You are an angel, its why you're here. You don't have wings for quite a while yet. We found you due to our instinct. No science can explain it. We just know your one of us. There are four others of your age. We have assigned you the mission of taking them to us. No need to worry about their families. Their names are Rachel, Kyle, Danielle, and Tyler. An escort will show you thr way. Good luck mio cara. "
I stared at her for a moment processing everything. My first thought was holy crap I can fly......in a few years. Then my mind moved to the mission. Oh no. I knew those people. This was going to be a disaster.