The noise

I was in my bedroom watching t.v when I smelled smoke. I got up and walked outside my room and heard my little sister laughing. She had no t.v in her room only toys. I thought she was playing dolls and laughing at a joke she made up, but then I heard her say "You're so funny Abby!" I knew all the names of her dolls and she never called one of them Abby. I walked into her room to see who she was talking to and she wasn't there. Right when I was going to turn back I heard a noise in the closet. Thinking it was my sister I turned towards her closet and was about to open it when my sister came out from under her bed saying, "Don't open it! Abby and I are playing hide and seek." My face went pale!

"Emily, who is A-bby?" I stuttered. "She's my friend. Her family left her here so I told her she can stay here until they come back." She replied. "So...when are they coming back?" I asked. "I asked her but she just told me to play hide and seek with her." She said. The thought of this "Abby" character talking to my 7 year old sister gave me the chills. "Does mommy know about this?" I asked. "No...should I tell her?" She asked. I didn't want her to tell our mom because then my mom would think she is just talking to some kind of "imaginary friend." I replied back to her saying, "Oh no Emily, it's fine! I'll just tell her myself."

I ran down stairs towards my mother and told her everything that had happen upstairs and guess what, she didn't even believe me. She thought I was going crazy or something. I kept telling her I wasn't lying and she told me I need to rest or if I felt like I was going to throw up. I just hate it when parents don't believe what you say until something bad happens! I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door. Maybe I was getting sick or maybe I was just imagining all of that. I just brushed off the frightening thought of my sisters new "friend" as if it were a piece of lint on my shirt.