Chapter 4 The Plan

I wake to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It stunts your growth so the doctor doesn't allow me to drink it. I still love the smell. 
      "Alyssa, I have an idea." Says my mother as I come down the staircase. "You have about 84 hours left, correct?"
      "Uh, yeah, I guess." I reply to the question uneasily. Cause, talking about dying kind of scares me.
"84 hours is about three and a half days. And you are my only child so I will put all of the money I have saved my entire life into this. I want you to go and do anything, and everything you want to do. "
"Wait, mom, I don't understand. You want me to go do everything I want, but I wanna go to Europe. You know that's been my dream."
My mother puts a 'you-really-aren't-catching-on' look on her face. I return her look with an extremely confused one.
"I get to go to Europe? Are you joking or do I actually get to go to Europe? Holy crap! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I repeat the phrase 'thank you' about thirty more times.
"Yes! You get to go to Europe!" My mom answers with a smile and hugs me like a father in the military returning home after two years.
"What's all of the emotion about?" Asks my father as he enters the kitchen. I just look at my mom and smile.