Chapter 23: Explanation of a Vampire

†Explanation of a Vampire†

Caine was quiet. Too quiet for Alex's liking. He should yell. Pace for few minutes enough to leave the hole in the ground, but no, he was quiet. He was standing next to the window in their room and didn't utter a single word ever since they came back. That made her worried, no matter what, Cause does not simply remain quiet.

"Is everything alright?" she dared to ask and heard him hiss. There was a long silence again before he said only one word.

"Who?"
For s moment, she was confused as to what was he talking about before she realized just what was it that he wanted to ask her. Who took her.

"You know who. I told you from where did I escape," she started, but he interrupted her.

"That place is out of my Reign. I don't know who the guy is," he said.

"There's no way that you don't know him. As much as I heard, he was one of three generals, so he was your man," that sentence made him stop moving. No, she can't possibly mean on...

"Do you..." his voice cracked "Do you what's his name?"

She laughed at that.

"Of course I do, how could I not know the name of the man I want to kill more than anything?"

"Azra..." he started but she only so weakly growled. She truly wanted to forget that name, but now... Now she don't even know what she wants.

"His name... His name is Luke."

That confirmed his doubts. It's him.
"Pack your things. We're leaving," he said "Were going to my kingdom," and then he just dissappeared.

She said no word, just lied down and tried to sleep. She didn't want to think. Her brain probably still haven't registered everything that happened so far. Her finishing the mating proces completely. She and Saphyr being taken by him. Her shifting. Saphyr being blinded. Marcus being... Whatever the Elemental is. And Caine was probably mad. She only wondered at whom.

Soon, her body succumbed to tiredness and she fell asleep.

* * * *

Marcus placed his mate in their bed carefully. He didn't know what to do, he had a feeling that he'd break her of he made a mistake. He only stared at her after he covered her and made sure that she's comfortable.

"How the hell did I let this happen," he wondered out loud. Bitting his lip, he tried to calm down the anger that lurked in his skin, that wanted to crawl out and destroy everything. He was never angrier in his life than now. How could his innocent beloved go through that all? Just who's the bigger monster now, he or them? He doubted even that. He wasn't sure in anything right now.

And then he heard a knock on his door. Slowly standing up, he headed there without making a sound, he didn't want to wake her, up after all. Opening them, he saw his best friend, Caine.

"Is everything alright?" he asked him and Caine sighed.

"No, nothing's alright. It was him. We need to go, this place isn't safe anymore," he said and Marcus eyes hardened at it.

"Got it," was all he said before he returned back inside. He's going to kill him. He won't forgive him no matter what. Not even when he's his own brother.

After that talk, Caine headed back in his study to think. He was pissed off. Pissed at himself for allowing to be tricked so easily and pissed at Luke. He couldn't believe it that the bloody bastard was still alive.

Back when they were much, much younger and he was just crowned, they were friends. Caine, as the King had three people to support him, the three Generals: Marcus, Luke and Vladimir. All three were brothers and all had something special that gave them right to step on those positions. Their parents were unique. Father the Vampire, mother the Werewolf. Although no one knows where are they now, Caine believes that they're dead.