Chapter Twenty-One

----after school------

I received a note that was put in my locker to go at the back of the building  after 7th hour ends, so I did. I heard footsteps and saw Luke coming towards me with a rose in his hand.

"Hey, ummmm, so I was thinking since since you don't have a prom date yet and I don't either, do you want to maybe go to prom with me?" Handing me the rose as he talked to me about it.

Luke is so sweet and all but I just don't know what to do. I saw James holding flowers, I think he was on his way to ask me for forgiveness and for prom. I don't know whether to go with Luke or not, what should I do.

"I mean, its fine if you don't want to go. I know James would've asked you, but like I thought James would've done it already." Luke said nervously as he rubs the back of his neck.

"No Luke, its not like I don't want to go with you but, I still kinda like James and please understand what I'm going through."

I saw James staring at us. He stopped for a second, the flowers dropped on the floor and he took off I Guess because when I turned back around he wasn't there.

"Yeah its fine. I guess that's a no then."

"I'm sorry Luke. I still have feelings for James."

Luke left with his head tilted down towards the floor and just walking very, very slow. Now I feel bad. I went after James hoping I would still catch up with him.

I saw the flowers on the floor and James right up ahead of me for a couple feet.
"Hey James! Wait..please.."

James was walking very slow with his head facing the ground.

"James! Please!" He stopped and turned his head towards me. He was tearing up.

I ran up to him. "Hey, so umm are you still in for prom?" I tried to cheer him up. I now who I'm going with to prom.

"There's no point. Luke already have you as his date"

"But I said no to him. I wanted to go with you, James. I still love you. I cry myself to sleep thinking that you and I would never be the same anymore. I already forgave for what you've done. Raven explained things to me. James. I missed you. I love you"
We sat there in silence for a few seconds.

"So is that a yes?." He stopped crying and I cheered him up a little.

I nod my head.
He ran up to me and hugged me so tight that I feel so safe now since Im in his arms. "Omg. Demery you know I still love you. I just wanted to give some space for a little bit. And I know what I did was wrong I regretted it. I'm so glad you took me back to your life. I promise I would never break your heart again. I'll always be here for you. I'm sorry I hurt you before."

He kissed me, after a few seconds we broke the kiss and we stood there hugging each other. I think this was one of the best moments I had.
James had his frustration face on. I know what he's thinking, but I'm just glad James and I made up.
"Hey, Its okay,I'm okay now" and there is me again trying to make his frown into a smile.

"But still. I was such an idiot." He was shaking his head.

"What matters is that we are both here today. I love you James" I hugged him so tight that I never wanted to let go.

He hugged me back and a few words came out of his mouth which was "I love you too Demery"

A/N hey guys!! So this is the last chapter and I'm doing an epilogue right after this so yeah... Hopefully you liked this book.
I'm going to make another book so keep a look out for that. Thanks for reading this and voting on it.

Bye!!! Luv you guys!!!