Chapter Two

"Hi, welcome to Dan's Cleaners. How may I help you?"

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I forgot where I was and yet, I had somehow managed to navigate my way - absentmindedly - to the front counter of the store.

"Uh, yeah I'm here to pick up for Brian Woods."

He nodded and went through a door behind the counter.

Ding ding.

The bell went off indicating someone else entering the store. I unconsciously turned around.

And there she was.

She possibly could've been the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

Stop staring. She's gonna notice and think your weird.

I looked down at my shoes as she walked up and got in line behind me.

Say something idiot. No, that's dumb. What would I even say? 'Hi you don't know me, but I couldn't help but watch you walk in and had to tell you that you're very beautiful. Please don't think I'm weird' uh yeah no. That's freaking crazy.

Someone poked me.

"I'm not crazy!?"

She smiles and points towards the cashier dude. I mentally slapped myself.

Real smooth dude. Nice first impression.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

I turned, grabbed Brian's uniform and hurried out of the building.

------------------------------

I pulled into the driveway and park the car. I walk in to the 'family' gathered around the dinner table. Penelope snaps her head in my direction, sending daggers.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" She yelled as she rose from the table.

"I went to pick up his uniform like you said and on my way home I stopped by Justin's house for dinner."

Bitch.

She stared as if looking right through me.

"Why?!"

"Because I was hungry and his mom had invited me over."

Say something. I dare you.

She walked over and snatched Brian's uniform out of my hand.

"Go to your room."

That's what I thought.

I glanced over at Maddie and noticed her rolling her eyes and I chuckled a bit.

"What's so funny? Huh?"

"Besides the fact that you think sending me to my room bothers me, nothing. God, I'd do anything to get out of your presence."

And with that I turned on my heels, walked up to my room and closed the door.

-------------------------

I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her brown eyes and gorgeous smile.

If only you had gotten her number instead of being so stupid.

I knew I wouldn't see her again and I wish I just knew her name. I started to drift off to sleep with the thought of her on my mind.

=================