Chapter Four

First period was coming to a close and it was in this moment that my teacher asked me to escort Callie to her next class.

This is it. I can't screw this up.

"Yes, of course. I don't mind." I stand up and look at Callie.

"Where's your next class?"

Her face goes blank as she searches her mind, trying to recall the schedule she worked so hard to memorize this morning in the cafeteria.

No, I wasn't watching her either.

Ok. Maybe a little.

Disappointed, she reaches in her bag and hands me her schedule.

We have all core classes together and lunch. The only difference is she's in theater and I'm in art. And our foreign languages are also different. I can't believe she's taking French.

"You and I have chemistry."

She looked up, dazed and confused.

"No, no. I mean like the class, chemistry. We have it together. "

Fuck. Me.

She giggles.

"Oh okay, I got a little confused. I mean you seem nice and all but.." She smiled.

"Puh-lease! You have no idea, theater kid." I retorted before thinking.

And with that, we were walking to class and having normal conversations.

--------

The end of the day arrived far too quickly. Callie and I were having a blast together. We talked about everything from the Big Bang Theory - both theory and show - to strawberry ice cream being the best because strawberries are just awesome. It was like we've known each other for a lot longer than a day.

She was beautiful, smart and so easy to converse with. I didn't want it to end.

"...and so then, me and my friend jumped the fence and ran into my house before my parents woke up."

"Wow. That's intense!" I laughed.

She punched my arm.

"Don't laugh at me! I almost got arrested!" She squealed.

"Yeah, for being at the library in the middle of the night.. recreationally!" I told her, laughing at her red cheeks.

You're so cute.

I smiled as a honk came from outside the school.

"My mom's here. I got to go."

She gave me a quick hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" She yelled out as she got into the car.

I watched as she drove away.

I'll see you tomorrow..

==============