A Loving Horse Riding Lesson

This is in the Ocarina of Time era. It's been so long since I've last written, so I'm sorry if this comes out as sort of messy to you, it's just been a while. (Preferably 3 months, omg.) It's also pretty lengthy, I just like putting a lot of wording into my stories, so I apologize for that as well. ;w; I'm not too proud from how this whole story came out, but well, all that matters is, I tried~. I hope you enjoy this one shot I came up with! <3 Love you guys and enjoy being with the Hero of Time~.
--------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of Hyrule Field, there was you and Link, both riding Epona and about to get ready to do something. What was that something? Well, you had begged Link to teach you how to ride a horse, since you've never really ridden one before, being the indoors girl you were, plus, being in Kakariko village wasn't much of help to riding horses, since the town was too small and you were living there.

How Link was going to teach you how to horse ride was by using his horse, Epona. Epona was sweet, you knew that much from how she and Link had bonded and from how friendly she was to you, but you weren't sure how she was going to be while you were practicing riding her. You only hoped nothing bad would happen and that you wouldn't look ridiculous in front of your best friend, considering you had a crush on him from the day you had met him.

You were honestly excited, yet a bit nervous from the negative things you were thinking of you messing up. Soon enough, your thoughts had completely stopped as soon as Link had stopped Epona in front of the entrance of Hyrule Castle Town. You looked at Link curiously and asked, "Is this where we're going to start?"

Turning around to look at you with a smile, Link replied, "Yes, this is where we'll start. First, I'll have you ride Epona with me guiding you from behind, then we can try with just you riding her by yourself if we have time, is that okay with you, [Y/N]?"

Just thinking of Link being behind you closely caused you to blush lightly, you could even feel your ears start to heat up a bit. You tried to stop yourself from blushing and nodded towards him.

"Y-yeah, Link, that's fine with me."

With a bigger smile, Link jumped off Epona, then extended his hand out to you for you to get off yourself.

"Great! Then I think we should get started now," he said, while helping you get off Epona.

You carefully hoisted yourself back on Epona on the front where Link just was, while Link hoisted himself back up behind you, right where you were on her before.

"Okay, are you ready, [Y/N]?" Link asked while checking to see if you were in a comfortable spot.

You slightly situated yourself from this new spot, since you've never really been on Epona this way before. Once you were comfortable, you gave Link a nod and a small thumbs-up, looking at him and smiling brightly.

"All set~!"

With a soft chuckle coming from Link, thinking you were so cute, he began to give you the instructions.

"Alright, first, do you see that small handle on the front of the saddle there?"

Listening to Link's instructions, you looked in front of you and saw a small handle that looks like you could wrap your hand around. You gave Link a nod and replied, "Yes, I see it."

"Good, well that's where you can hold your hand on so that way, when Epona goes, you won't fall. Now grab onto that and I'll have Epona go, okay? Be sure to hold on tight and be careful."

Obliging to Link's request, you tightly grasped the handle on the saddle. Once you gave Link the call that you were set, he nodded and whipped Epona to have her go.