Chapter 6

"So when are we going sight seeing? At least you'll show me around right?", Shehryaar asked Hussain, who had just returned back from attending his phone call.

" Oh yeah.. umm tomorrow..how about tomorrow?", he paused, "You're free tomorrow right? You should come along.", he mentioned, as he turned towards me.

"Uhh.", I shrugged, "I don't know...", I said. But then I thought I had to make Shehryaar believe that me and Hussain were really together. "Actually, I'll come.", I smiled as I took the last bite of my pasta.
We all headed home afterwards, and Shehryaar went to his apartment while me and Hussain headed to mine.

"Hussain...are you and Shehryaar close as brothers?", I asked, as we entered my apartment and shut the door behind us.

"Yeah.. sorta..but not close enough to tell him about our fake relationship."

"Why? Would the truth make him mad?", I frowned.

"Umm...you can say that. Its kinda complicated...you won't understand.", he spoke.

"Hussy...", I started but trailed off sensing his mood. He was kinda tensed. "I'm sorry. I was just worried about what would happen when he finds out the truth."

"You don't have to worry about that Humi. Just leave that to me."

I nodded, before leaning in for a hug. He was my best friend, and I could do anything to see him happy. I know it was a mistake on his part to make me his girlfriend but it was too late now. I should've said no.

What were you thinking Humi?

He hesitated before hugging me back and said, "You just chill. Everything's gonna be okay. He'll be gone in 2 days, and we wont have to pretend any more."
I nodded.

That night I couldn't fall asleep. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't. I was so confused with everything happening around me. It felt like my mind was all over the place.
I glanced at Hussain, from over the top of the pillows that separated us, and he was already sound asleep.

I got off the bed, and pulled my night robe around me tightly, wore my night slippers, and headed out of my house, downstairs to the lawn.

At times like these, breathing in some fresh air, filled with the scent of the fresh mowed lawn was the best thing to do.
The moonlight fell on the grass, only accentuating the beauty of the little flowers and shrubs along the side even more.
The only thing it needed was a lake. Imagine. It would be so perfect.

I wrapped my arms around me because it was getting a bit chilly. I looked up at the sky, and smiled knowing it wasn't going to rain anytime soon.

"Chilly?", someone spoke behind me and I turned around letting a slight squeal.

Shehryaar Asif stood there. His perfectly chiseled face looked beautiful under the moonlight. He looked so handsome in his pj's and a thin white shirt that revealed his well toned body underneath.

"Humera..", he raised an eyebrow at me. "What are you doing so late?"

"I could ask you the same.", I replied, but when I realized it was a little too rude so I answered, "I couldn't fall asleep. You?"

"Same.", he said, but for some reason his voice seemed a bit shaky, as if that was not the reason for him being down here. It was as if he was hiding something. I caught that shakiness in his voice and wanted to ask him what it was that was bothering him.

"So, how did you and Hussain meet?", he changed the topic quickly, as if he knew I was going to question him.

"Well, that's a long story. Lets leave that for some other time.", I spoke and he immediately caught that.