Chapter 8

I quickly pulled back, and turned around when I saw Hussain standing there. A wave of heat passed by me, as if knocking some sense into my stupid little brain.

What the hell was I thinking? I was going to kiss SHEHRYAAR ASIF? Have I lost it?

I glanced at Shehry from the corner of my eyes. He stood there as if nothing had happened. A wild smirk played across his lips and he seemed content.

"Humera?", Hussain spoke as he began approaching us. He was dressed in a formal suit and tie.

Part of me was mad that he came, but the other part of me couldn't be happier that he arrived just in time and saved me from getting ravished by Shehryaar Asif.

"Hu-Hussain...", I stammered, not being able to speak. I tried to sound as normal as I could. "How come you're back early?'

He chuckled, "Well..", and glanced at Shehryaar,"I thought that spending time with my girlfriend was more important for me."

I gulped, "Oh."

He sensed the nervousness in my voice.

"You okay?", he asked with concern.

I nodded nervously, "Yeah..".

I wrapped my arms around myself because it was getting chilly, "I'm just tired...I need some rest."

Hussain narrowed his eyes at me for a second as if he didn't believe me.

"Okay...but I need to talk to you about something.", he said and then turned over to Shehryaar, "Yo! What's up? How was the trip?"

"It was okay.", he replied blandly.

I tried not to look at him as he spoke, and before he could say anything else, I hurried into the building.

"Humi...", he called out, and I stopped for him to catch up. We both walked into my apartment and I closed door behind me, breathing a sigh of relief.

"What?", Hussain mumbled, noticing unusual behavior.

"Nothing..", I replied.

What else could I say? Yeah I think I'm falling for your brother I almost kissed him today...but thank god for you that you arrived just in time and saved me. I know I'm supposed to be your girlfriend but this going somewhere it shouldn't be going.

"Yo!", he snapped me back out of my thoughts. "You okay?"

I nodded brushing away the thoughts, "Yeah.."

"Look Humi..", He grabbed my hands, and got closer to me, "If there's something you wanna tell me...tum bol sakti ho. I'm here for you."

All kinds of thoughts raced through my mind.

Should I tell him? What if he saw us but he's just testing me? What if Shehryaar tells him before me?

"Humi?", he spoke once again.

"Hussy....actually Shehyraar....", I started speaking but he cut me off.

"Humera...I should've warned you earlier but stay away from Shehryaar. He's not the type of you wanna get yourself involved with." He paused and looked at my confused expression, "I'm saying this because I know him."

At this point, the thoughts in my mind made me lose my temper and I had an outburst, "Then you shouldn't have asked me to pretend to be your girlfriend Hussain. I'm your fucking best friend! Not your girlfriend!"

Hussain was taken aback by my sudden outburst, and I realized I shouldn't have yelled like that.

"I'm sorry Hussain.", I frowned.

"Its fine...bas meri baat yaad rakhna.", he said and that's when his phone rang.

"Hello?...Right now?...okay I'll be there in a few.", he spoke as I stood there trying to figure out what was going on.

He disconnected the call and placed a kiss on my cheek, "I'll be back later. Take care." And rushed out of the apartment.

I gave him a smile and was about to close the door after he left when someone grabbed my arm and got into to the apartment.

"Don't scream Humi."

I gasped and looked up only to find Shehryaar standing there with a dark look in his eyes.

"Shehryaar!", I whisper-yelled, "Why would you do that?"

I realized we were standing super close, just a breath away. He closed the door behind me with his leg, and pressed me against it. He moved closer, snaking his around my waist.

I gulped.

He brought his face closer to my neck, as his breath fanned the side of my cheek. I gasped as the heat rushed through my body. I wanted to push him away but my body wasn't working.

"I believe we have some unfinished business Humera.", he whispered into my ear in his deep, husky voice.

"U-Unfinished b-business?", I gulped, not really wanting to know the answer to that.

"You haven't completed your dare yet.", he smirked, pulling himself back to look at my face.

I started at him in surprise.

"You win. I lose.", I said, pushing him away, or at least tried to.

"Did you tell Hussain?", he asked, moving in even closer to me. I could feel my heart rare increase. It was as if he totally ignored the concept of personal space.

"Yes!", I quickly lied. "I tell him everything."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "That's weird. If my girlfriend was even a few inches away from a guy, I'd punch him. Surprising that Hussain didn't do anything.", he paused and stared directly into my eyes, "But then again, he isn't your boyfriend, is he?"

I stared at his face as my jaw dropped in shock. How does he know?

"What are you talking about? He is my boyfriend. Now will you please excuse me? I have to go."

He smirked, "I'm your fucking best friend. Not your girlfriend!", he said in a fake girly voice.

"Uh I don't know what your talking about. I never said anything like that." I stammered.

"But I never mentioned that you said that...", he said as a lustful smirk played across his lips.

"Please let me go Shehryaar. I'm your brother's girlfriend. Don't you-"

His lips crashed onto mine, silencing me. I didn't respond, shocked. He kissed me harder, pushing into me, as my back crashed against the door. I kissed him back eagerly, loving the feel of his lips against mine.

His hand moved to my back as I pulled away to catch my breath when he crashed right back. I moaned as he fingers caressed the side of my cheeks.

I was suddenly aware of what was happening and pushed him back.

"Don't ever do that again.", I said harshly. I could feel my lips swollen from our kiss, protesting.

I walked to my room, shakily not making sense out of all this. Shehryaar knew. I only realized this now. He knew I wasn't Hussain's girlfriend and that I was only pretending.