1

Investigation Crime Department
Greenwich Police Force, Detective Gordon
[Investigating disappearance of Ellie-May Swan - 022]

This first extract is from a diary found in Ellie-May's bedroom dormitory within Greenwich Boarding school. The diary was hidden underneath a floorboard with the words 'I dare you to open this,' written in blood. The diary itself, is made of brown leather with half of the pages being already ripped out. It seems Ellie-May wanted to make a game of her disappearance as our team have been chasing down pages hidden around the school-grounds.

Diary of Ellie-May Swan, Date and Time unknown.

I went missing on the 24th of August 2015. The last time I was seen, was about 18:57pm the night before. My friends think I ran away. My parents think I was murdered. Some say that I brought it upon myself, that I have always been a tease. The girl who was always lurking, who knew everyone's secrets before they knew themselves. In fact sometimes, I even believe the stories, the messed up tales of what happened that fateful night. I've never told anyone this before, I've never had the guts to write it down on paper. Soon enough someone will find this diary, they will read my story and the real mystery will be solved. But the person who finds these words, the words that trembled from my fingertips and the bloodstains upon each sheet of damp paper, will not only have murdered to get here but they will have been here the whole time. Lurking, waiting, they are the real reason I'm gone, vanished. Now no one will ever find me, but they will know my story. It all begins two years ago.