I'm back.

KAE'S POV

"Hi Bri, please tell Mike that I might see him tomorrow. I am not sure if I'll be home tonight something came up. Yes please. Thank you very much Bri, you are an angel."

So here I am driving myself to my hometown. It's been so long since I went to Harvard. After that incident with Vince I never wanted to go back, not even gramps request's made me nor moms birthday. I hid myself in New York. I wanted to forget everything and just live a life I have always wanted without the part where I want Vince to be with me. But yes here I am on my way home, home? Yes it's still my home after all. I grew up here, had beautiful memories but it's so sad that the reason I have to be home is that gramps met an accident. I don't have detail's of what happened all I know is that gramps is not okay. How foolish I am to waste every opportunity I hadto spend with my gramps. I know he is getting old but I have never thought of him in an accident, he is strong, he is my super hero I told you. He lives a healthy life without vices, he is kind hearted and everyone in the neighborhood surely loves him. He had been my dad after my dad died because of cancer. He supported me all the way to success. I just hope gramps is okay.

I suddenly felt my tears falling on my cheeks, I have never cried again after that night, after I saw Vince with Lila on his room. Even after everything that happened, this is the first time I cried since that day.

It was a long drive but I was in a hurry to meet mom and see if gramps is okay. As I parked my car at the hospitals parking lot I saw a black tinted SUV, well I guess that wouldn't be odd in this small town since everyone can buy everything with money. I rushed my self to the operating room waiting area. I saw my mom crying, she was comforted by Aunt Marie. Uncle Ben was just sitting beside them holding a bottle of water. I saw Uncle Ben's shirt was tainted with blood. Oh no, it must not be gramps. I suddenly felt my stomach churned of the thought.

"Mom, how's gramps? What happened? "

Mom ran and hugged me. She just hugged me while crying for a long time. She is a happy person, everyone who knows her how infectious moms smile and laughter is. Never did I saw her cry like this after dad's death. After she calmed down a bit I made her sit down on one of the chairs. I sat beside her, Aunt Marie hugged me and so did Uncle Ben. They are very close to the family, I have once dreamed to be their daughter in law.

"Mom, calm down, I need to know what happened"

"Dad, just like he does every morning he did his garden chores. I was at the kitchen and I could still hear him humming his favorite song when I heard a big clash. His garden tools were everywhere and I saw him bloody. There was a lot of blood that I panicked. He hit is head on the pavement. I called 911 and called Ben for help." She narrated in between sobs.

"Your mom called us, with all the blood we couldn't wait for the ambulance so we rushed him over here." Uncle Ben continued. He was looking at me with an apologetic look.

"Thank you Uncle, if you weren't there worse could have happened. "

"Thankfully Vince was around and he brought his car with him. We got Lucas here in no time." Aunt Marie said in a matter of fact.

Wait what?? Vince is here? Gramps told me Vince never came home, why is he here all of the sudden? I am not ungrateful for his big help but why does he have to be here. Okay I know this is his home too and his parents are here but no, I am definitely not ready to meet him.

Anger suddenly rushed into my veins, my head is throbbing so hard. I can never forget what he did to me. Never. His words stucked into my heart like a knife. I was hurt and he did not care. He is the bastard he is, an asshole to be called a man and I am stupid to fall in love with him. I was stupid to depend on him, foolish enough to give him my heart and my everything. I was willing to forget about law school and wait for him . how stupid of me. And now, I have like 99% chance of seeing him. How the world would I handle that.

"Excuse me, Mr. Field's family?"

The Doctor put me back to realization and we all stood up.

"He had some injury in his head and we have controlled the clotting, he is stable and nothing alarming happened  just some clots that we could help heal with medicine but I advise that he shouldn't be stressed and you may have to stay here for awhile just to make sure. He has 6 stitches all in all and it's pretty nasty."

Thank God gramps is okay! That made me relaxed when suddenly...

"Hi Princess."