Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Next Day...

Riker POV

"Riker wake up. Riker wake up. Riker!"

I opened my eyes, and looked down. Riley was poking my stomach.

"Good, you're awake."

"What? Do you need something?"

"No. I just wanted to hear your voice again."

Awww... I smiled.

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?"

"I'm not really that hungry."

"Riley, come on. You have to eat."

"Fine."

"Let's go."

Riley's parents were already awake. Her dad had laid out her pills for her, so she took them while I started mixing stuff up to make pancakes. I was so tired though.

Riley's dad came in the kitchen to get more coffee.

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Just so you know, Riker spent the night. And he kept me company all day yesterday."

"And now he's making you breakfast too?"

"Yup."

"Well isn't that nice of him?"

"Yeah."

Riley and I ate breakfast together. I was glad to finally see her eating somewhat normally again. When we were done eating, I cleaned up from breakfast, and then Riley pulled me into her bedroom.

"Riker?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

"Of course!"

"Ok..."

"Well what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about last night."

"What about it?"

"I don't get it."

"What?"

"I'm so awful to you, and you still care about me! Even after everything I did last night, you kept coming back, and trying to fix things, even if they weren't your fault! I pushed you off the dock, and you weren't even that mad!"

"Riley, I know you're going through a lot, and I know sometimes you don't mean the things you say, and I love you. I told you I'll love you no matter what! This is just a bump in our relationship, and sooner or later, it'll get smoothed out."

"More like a giant mountain in our relationship! Riker, let's face it. I don't think I'm ever going to get better. I feel like I'm getting worse every day! It feels like I'm drowning, and I can't get to the surface... I think we should break up..."

"What!? Why!?"

"Because I'm messed up! You don't want a girlfriend like me! I treat you horribly! I yell at you for stuff that isn't really even your fault! I feel bad about it, but there isn't really anything I can do. Except... break up with you..."

"Riley, please don't! I love you! And I know what you're going through, and I'll deal with it. I think it'll get better! Just give it some time! Please!"

"Why are you saying all that?"

"Riley I mean it all! I really don't want to break up!"

"Riker, I'm sorry... But it's not ok for me to treat you like that! And I can't control myself. I'm sorry... But it's over..."

Time froze. This felt like a dream, mostly because I was lightheaded and a little dizzy. How could she break up with me? Was this for real?

"Riker, are you ok?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry. I think it would be best if you went home now..."

"Ok," I said, as I started crying.

I walked out of Riley's room without looking back. It just hurt so much right now. But I still wasn't giving up on her.

I went home and walked up to my bedroom. I let myself fall onto my bed.

"Whoa, are you crying? Riker, what happened over there?" Rocky asked.

I sighed.

"Nothing..."

"Obviously something."

"She broke up with me."

"Really!?"

"Yeah..."

"But you guys were so good for each other! Why'd she break up with you? Is she back with that guy... Dylan?"

"No! Dylan's gone! But he's still messing with her brain. She acts out all the time, and I know it's not really her fault, but now she feels bad about it, and she broke up with me."

"She broke up with you because she treats you badly?"

"Kind of... She can't really control herself. And I guess she just doesn't want to do that to me anymore. But I don't care! I love her, and want her back!"

"So go get her back!"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Her mind is made up... And it's not on me..."

"So what are you going to do?"

"There's nothing I can do. All I can do is wait, and hope she gets better..."

"I'm sorry. I know you loved her."

"I still do..."

A Few Days Later...

Riker POV

"What are you looking at?" Rocky asked.

"Riley."

Rocky looked out the window next to me.

"Dude, that's just creepy!"

Riley had left her curtains open, so I could see her in her room. And I had been watching her for a while now. She was pacing back and forth.

"Stop watching her, you weirdo!"

Rocky grabbed my arm, and pulled me away from the window.

"I just miss her..."

"I know! All you talk about is Riley!"

"Well..."

"Well, what?"

"I love her."

Rocky stared back at me, annoyed because we weren't getting anywhere.

"Riker, if you're this upset, go do something about it! You said she was messed up! Maybe you can persuade her to get back together with you!"

I sighed.

"Rocky, I really think it might be over for us."

I looked back out the window. She was still pacing, and had been for the past hour. It's been days, and she isn't getting better. If anything, she's getting worse. I'm losing, and Dylan's winning.