Chapter 2

Natsu POV

I was laying at home in my bed. I should leave for Lucy's place since I am always there before she wakes up in the morning. She doesn't get up till later so I have a little while longer before I should leave. As I was laying there thinking about Lucy I smile. Her blonde hair and big brown eyes oh my she's gorgeous! I just wish I could man up and tell her how beautiful she is. I get up from my double bed and start to get dressed into the outfit I normally wear when I feel a pain in my stomach. Something is wrong, it has to be Lucy. Once I figure out that it is Lucy that is in pain I ran to her place at full speed. I need to make sure that Lucy is okay, if I lose her I don't know what I will do with myself. Once I reach her apartment I run up the stairs and break open the door trying to get to her as fast as I possibly can. "Lucy!!!"

I run over to her and I watch her curl up tighter and whimper out in pain. Am I causing her this pain?! I softly touch her and she relaxes under my touch which makes me sigh out in relief. Hmm this is weird, you know I don't remember anything Igneel told me about mating season just that i find a mate and want to protect her. I know Lucy is my mate but I don't know the stages. I have to get Lucy to the guild! I need to talk to gramps to learn more so I don't hurt Lucy any more. I pick her up and hold her close to me loving the way her body just molds into mine. Hmmmm she's so warm I love her, this might be a little fast but I can't help it. I carry her and walk all the way to the guild smiling happy that I am able to hold her without her freaking out at me. I walk into the guild smiling, everyone turned and looked at us concerned about the celestial mage. Everyone stood up and rushed over, I backed away and growled at everyone approaching feeling threatened that they will take my Lucy away from me. "Get away!!"

Everyone backed away as master came up to us "Gramps you have to help Lucy! Please! Something isn't right I found her in her apartment curled up and in a huge amount of pain."

Gramps reached for Lucy but I growled at him worried that he will take her away and never let me see her. "My child I must take her. I will not harm her. I promise I will not hurt her just hand her over. I need to check her over for injury Natsu, I will give her back as soon as I look her over."

I hesitantly hand her over growling softly really worried for her condition. I don't like anyone touching my mate I don't care who it is. As soon as Lucy is in Gramps arms she begins to whimper in pain. I try to grab her back but two people are holding me back so I can't go to her. Gramps takes Lucy up to the infirmary.Once she is out of my sight I begin to thrash against who is holding me back from my Lucy. I fling them into the walls and rush up to the infirmary to check on Lucy. I see him laying her down onto one of the beds. I start to walk over to the bed to be by her side but gramps stops me. "You need to stay away from her it's dangerous. She is asleep and trying to decide if her body will except you or reject you. Being close to her make the choice harder. You need to go down to the basement to be chained with Laxus...the others will join you later once they arrive. You need to go now."

I look back at Lucy "I can't leave her Gramps. It hurts to be away from her. Please let me stay Gramps please."

He looks at me with such worry "You have to my child or you will hurt her more. You don't want that do you Natsu?"

I shake my head as he looks over at Lucy and then I look over and i see her withering in pain. I am doing this to her. I am a monster. Im making my love hurt. I have to go. I look at Gramps and nod "I will go i promise."

I then walk out of the infirmary as Lucy screams out in pain. I close my eyes tightly and sigh. This is going to be a long mating season. I walk down to the basement and I see Laxus. He looks just as broken as me as he sits against the wall chained. I sit against the wall away from him. I don't want to be near anyone knowing that I have hurt my Lucy. Erza comes down moments later looking at me sadly. "Im sorry Natsu, this will be over soon and once she has decided then I will talk to Gramps to see if you can be let free to see her. You won't be able to stay long because of you being mates. You both need each other."