Niall One Shot: Who Knew?

I looked into his deep blue eyes. Honestly not knowing what to do. Was he going to kiss me? 

Alright lets go back to the beginning. 

Niall and I had been friends since the first day of Kinder-garden. Ever since I had no where to sit at lunch and he said; and I quote: ''If you give me your crackers and don't give me cooties; I guess you can sit here.''

We'd always been like brother and sister. Always. Even at prom, when my boyfriend of 3 years, Dylan (Who still hadn't passed Niall's 'test' of what a good boyfriend should be like asked me to prom Niall interrupted. 'She's going with me sorry." I still went with Dylan but 5 moments into our first dance Niall 'spilt' punch on his tuxedo and he had to leave. Niall spent the rest of the night dancing with a not-so-happy me. But I couldn't be mad at him for it. Though Dylan and I had ended things a week and a half later, not because of my friends protective ways; but because we were going to different colleges. 

I had always thought Niall had a wee crush on me. Like the one I had on him. He was just always so sweet. How could I not? But now, we were sitting in the middle of a pizzeria that he had taken me to because he 'had to talk' and he was leaning in rather fast. I had to make my decision; and fast of weather I should turn my head so he kisses my cheek or tilt my head a bit so our lips meet perfectly. 

Hmmm..

Decisions decisions.

I decided. 'What if this ruins out friendship? This could ruin the 14 years we had invested into play fights, video games, and our first heart brakes, also not to mention family vacations ever brake. I didn't want all of that to end. I turned my head. He got the corner of my mouth. 

He pulled away sharply. 

"I'm so sorry, Niall." I gushed feeling bad. 

"It's fine. It was my mistake, Annaleigh. I should have known. It's because we friend-zoned each other. I should have made my move earlier." I stroked his hair; pressing my forehead to his.

"So sorry. It's not your fault." I whispered.

"It's mine. trust me."

"Well off of that topic." I said pulling away. "What did you want to talk about earlier?" I asked taking a sip through the red straw that was in my half-full cup of Pepsi. The bubbles rising when I sipped I looked down. 

"It's not all too much off topic." He said scratching the back of his neck. 

"How so I asked?" Cutting another slice of pizza from the pie we had ordered. 

I stuck my napkin on top to sop up any extra grease. 

Ew. 

"Well Annaleigh, I remember in like 4th grade, I started liking you. I noticed when you walked past, we were in the hallway. Tons of people. And I only say you. You Annaleigh, your brown wavy hair bouncing as you walked, bright blue eyes framed with beautiful long lashes. And to be honest. I still see that till this day." I had just taken a bight of pizza and I had almost spit it out. I was so taken back. I though he might had had a girlfriend or something. Not this. He had both of my small hands in his now. He looked worried. His normally sea blue eyes turning to nothing more than a puddle of worry. "Please tell me you feel something too. Or else I just sound like a fool and possibly ended friendship for us. Please." He said looking into my eyes. 

Niall had this ability to see into me. Like he saw things not anyone else saw. Not even myself sometimes. 

"Niall." I said brushing a hand through his hair. I tilted my hair. I gave him a hug. 

"Annaleigh, please. Give me an answer." He asked needy. 

"Yes, I do. I didn't really want to say too much. Worried things would mess things up for us." I said looking down. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked after a moment of silence. 

"Yes!" I cheered getting up and giving him a big hug. 

"I get that kiss now eh?" He asked. 

"Mhm." I said pressing my lips firmly to his. It wasn't my first kiss but it sure felt like it. He made me forget everything. 

Who would have known, my best friend.