Chapter 1.

I could hear the sound of the final school bell ring. It was finally here. Summer time. I jumped up so fast, gathering my things and heading towards my car. It was a rush to get there fast in order to beat the busses because it really sucks getting stuck behind those things.  

Here. I'm finally in my car. I roll the windows down because it is such a beautiful day. As I am driving home I manage to get stopped by every stop light possible. As I stop at the final light before I turn onto my street, I look over to see a young--rather attractive--male staring at me but I am broken from my gaze to the honking from the car behind me. Green Light.

I finally pull into my driveway. As I walk inside I toss my backpack onto the chair and head off to my room. No one is home. No one is ever home. I can't bare to relive that horrible night. I pull my phone from my back pocket and check my notifications. None. Of course not. No one wants to talk to boring ole Ava.

I guess I fell asleep because I jolted awake to the pounding sound on my bedroom door. "Open up Ava!" Oh. It was just my older brother, Jason. I shuffle out of bed and to the door.

"I'm coming! Chillax!" I yell after his last persistent banging on the door.

When I reach the door and open it, Jason is standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

"Someone brought these and left them on the front porch. I don't know how long that have been sitting out there. I brought them in when I got home from work. Anyway, it has a ca--"

"Give it!" I cut him off, and snatch the flowers from him and slam the door. I can hear his faint hollers of wanting to know who they are from.

I pick up the card and read it to myself.

~I've seen you around and I really want to know you better -N~

N? Who is N?! This must be a joke.

Certainly there is no way that anyone would send me flowers. I'm Ava Reynolds for Pete's sake. Guys don't really go after me. I haven't had a real boyfriend since the 10th grade and that sleaze ball was cheating on me. He didn't like me. How could anyone else?

I just threw the card onto the table right next to where I placed the vase of flowers. I head to the bathroom to shower and get ready for work. It really sucks that I have to work on my first day of summer break.

I look at myself in the mirror and I'm disgusted at the reflection. I am not skinny. I have anemia and when I was little my doctor put me on certain medicines that made me gain weight. I went from skin and bones to fat on bones and stretched out skin. It is so hard to ignore the comments I get at school about my weight. I look away from the mirror and trot over to the shower. The water is steaming hot.

After my shower, I have dressed for my job at the local skating rink where I work concessions. It's a horrible job but it's money in my pocket. I finish getting ready by putting on some mascara and brushing my waist length brown hair. I look at my watch and I see that it's time to leave. I turn out the light and shut my door. "Bye Jay, I'll be home later!" "Bye sis! Love ya!" I smile at his response and walk out the front door. I am so thankful for my brother, we are so close and through everything that has happened, he is all I have left.

I arrive at work and I think to myself as I see the long line of people waiting to get inside. "It's going to be a loooong night..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is my first ever story. I'm trying to make the chapters long for y'all. Hopefully when it picks up they will have more content. Don't give up on me!!! COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK! I TAKE ALL CRITICISM Let me know how often y'all would like me to update! Give me chapter ideas. KIK: kelseyyking Emial: kelseydayking@icloud.com I would love to hear from y'all to know if y'all like the first chapter. CHAPTER 2 IS ALMOST FINISHED. & it's much longer than this one xx. Kelsey