Chapter 8

(I'm extremely sorry that it takes me a thousand years to update. I just get busy and forget. But I hope you are enjoying the story. I'm not a very good writer and I'm quite lazy so that's why the chapters are short. But thanks for reading anyway. If you have any ideas of what should happen: private message me and I'll give you credit if I decided to go with that idea. Also, helping me with chapters will add more updates. So it's a win-win. Thanks again for reading! -K)

I decided to just grab some subs from subway. When I get home Niall is still on the couch sleeping. I walk over and push on his shoulder and he reaches up and pulls me down to lay with him.

"Niall. I have food." I attempt to say but it comes out more like a mumble because my face is in his chest. He doesn't reply. He just lets me go and I stand up and he follows.

"What did you get me?" He says with a huge smile on his face. He really is just perfect.

"I just got some subs from subway. Is that okay?" I ask taking the food from the bags and throwing the bags away.

"Yeah babe. That's fine." He says and grabs his sandwich and has a seat on the couch.

We sit and watch tv and laugh at each other for a few hours. I was so caught up with Niall that I almost missed my phone ringing.

"Hold on Niall this will just be a minute." I saw not looking at the caller ID and walking into my room.

"Hello?" I say setting the phone on my ear.

"An inmate from the Florida State Prison is trying to contact you. Jerry Reynolds. If you accept these charges of four dollars and thirty-seven cents press one now."

An automated voice speaks and I am speechless. It's been four years since my dad has contacted me. I press one and wait.

"Ava? You there?" I can feel the tears on my skin as my father speaks.

"Yeah dad. How are you?" I try to compose myself but I know I won't be able to. I miss my dad so much.

"I'm good baby. Well, as good as I can be in prison." He half laughs but I know he wants to be home more than anything in the world.

"Daddy I miss you. I miss you so much. I hate that mom got you put in that terrible place. She didn't deserve you. I can't wait for the day you get to come home."

I am full on crying but I don't care. My bitch of a mother ruined his life.

"Don't worry Ava. That's why I called. I am getting out early on good behavior. I'm coming home soon baby girl. No more crying. No more pain. Just you and me." My heart reels when he tells me that he's coming home.

"When will you be home?" I know it won't be like tomorrow or something but it will be sooner than 5 more years.

"I go on trial next week to find out my release date. I may even get out earlier since I admitted to the crimes even though it really wasn't me. Speaking of that. Have you talked to your mom lately?" Just the thought of her enrages me.

"No. Well she has called me but I decline her calls."

I never want to speak to her ever again. No matter what happens, no matter how many times she apologizes I will never forgive her.

"Good. I don't want you talking to her. Well baby girl, I have to go. I will call you again when I find out my release date. I will need you to come get me. Don't worry about Jason. I've already talked to him." I don't want to hang up. But I know that I have to.

"Okay daddy. I love you. I can't wait to see you again. I miss you. Bye." I wait for his reply and then hang up. I let the tears fall and fall without ceasing.

I am so happy that he's coming home but I'm so angry that he is even gone in the first place. I slightly think about that night but I immediately push it to the back of my head because I can't even think about it right now or I will throw up.

I'm still crying when there is a knock on my door. I don't even have the chance to get up and open it when Niall just barges in.

"Baby what's wrong?!" He sounds extremely worried and for some reason it calms me.

"My dad called. He's coming home." I smile so big but the tears still fall.

The face Niall makes is priceless. He looks so happy but is so confused. I sit him down and explain everything to him. Minus the part of how he got put in prison, because I am just not ready to talk about that right now. Niall doesn't ask though. He doesn't pester me. He just wraps me in his arms and just runs his arms up and down my back. Holding his lips to my forehead he just rocks back and forth just slightly. I am so happy right now. I have the perfect boyfriend, and my dad is coming home. Nothing can ruin this moment.

"I want to go see him." I say after a few minutes of silence.

"We can go now. Make it by morning visitations. If you want to. I'd like to meet your father."

"I would love that. Let me just pack and over night bag and we can go. Are you sure you are okay to drive through the night?" I ask as I start putting clothes together in a bag.

"Yeah well we can stop and get a hotel about half way. Okay?"

"That sounds perfect. Thank you so much." I say and wrap my arms around his waist and hug the mess out of him. After I finish packing my bag we load up and head to Raiford to see my dad.