Letter to the Reader

Hey guys! This is kinda just a filler prologue, so you can read this or just skip ahead.

~Bree

*****  

Reader-

Have you ever wondered if there was a world you couldn't see, just hiding behind the reality you know? Have you ever wanted to just be different and exciting, living in a world full of thrills and adventure? Well, you shouldn't. Trust me, because I know firsthand. Whether or not you admit it, you do secretly want excitement. But not me. I want to be normal. I want to be boring. I want to live a predictable life where every day is exactly the same as any other. I want to go to college after high school and become successful. I want to worry about feeding my kids and paying the bills. I want to be like you, and not like me. You can't see things that I can, and you wouldn't want to. This life can be ugly and horrible. Many people die because of it. You should be glad you can't see it, because I wish I was just that ignorant. But you'll no longer be ignorant once you read this. This is your last chance to turn around and forever stay oblivious to this world. I advise you do just that and forget you ever saw this book. In fact, burn it. But to those of you who read it, good luck, and please believe me. I wrote this because I've seen and experienced so many things, and I don't want to forget a second of it, so I've started writing this journal.

So please, make your choice wisely. This story isn't for the faint of heart, or for the people who wish to remain aloof from things they don't know, or maybe don't want to know.

~Ryder