What? No Last Name?

WRITER'S CORNER

I know it's been ages since my last update but honestly I've been busy. Like right now I'm visiting relatives in Australia! Soo much colder than Hawaii at the moment.

Btw I'm sorry for my spelling in this update, but I'm using my iPod which as you know can get a bit irritating when writing out a lot... But I'll do my best :)

Love all y'all koalas!

~Bree

*****

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get up for school after such a vivid dream. Especially when you only have 5 minutes before the school bell rang.

"Ryder, get your lazy butt out of bed!" My dad yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming, dad!" I yelled back as I sat up and groaned. I wasn't much of a morning person. Every morning was practically the same, filled with sleeping in and cups of coffee to jumpstart my sleepy brain.

I slid out of the covers, leaving them in the mess I woke up in. My feet hit the thick carpet and I looked down in surprise. I thought I had fallen asleep in socks again. Shrugging it off after a moment's thought, I quickly pulled on a pair of clothes for the day in a half-awake daze. Shoes immediately followed and I ducked into the attached bathroom to brush my teeth and hair, and put on makeup.

My phone buzzed right as I stepped out of the bathroom. I groaned when I realized the bell had just rang. But I pushed that thought away as I threw one last glance at my full length mirror. Worn denim jeans were topped with a deep green sweater and a black mid-thigh jacket. Blonde-brown hair fell to the middle of my back, slightly curling. Deep green eyes with gold flecks stood out from the thin layer of black eyeliner and mascara I wore. Finally I checked the missed text from Emma.

U coming?

My fingers flew across the keyboard. Ya. Sorry slept in.

I had just tucked it back into my pocket when the phone buzzed again. Hurry. I sent back a quick Okay and smiled at Emma's last message. Got ur coffee.

Deciding not to text back, I slipped on a pair of black soft leather boots and grabbed my bag before rushing out of my room. I ran past my disgruntled dad and headed straight for the door.

"Breakfast!" he yelled out.

"At school," I answered him through a closing door.

Riverton High was only a block away, across the street. There was no need to take my car when I was this late, especially because all the parking near the front would be filled up. I ran all the way there, pushing past grumbling pedestrians and dogwalkers on the sidewalk. Finally slowing when I entered the front doors, meeting a perfectly dressed Emma. I smoothed my hair with one hand and grabbed the coffee she held out. Flashing a grin as thanks, I took the time to catch the breath I'd lost. Surprisingly, I hadn't lost any.

"You're so lucky we have study hall 1st period. Mr. Yamura never takes attendance," Emma said with a smile, tossing her perfect curls over her shoulder. She was dressed to perfection as always, wearing red skinny jeans, a black form fitting sweater, black high heel boots, and a black beanie over her naturally glossy red hair. Even her nails were done to match her outfit; painted a deep blood red. Emma wore more makeup than I did but it looked amazing on her, enhancing all her already perfect features. Black eyeliner, mascara, and smoky eye eyeshadow made her blue eyes pop while pale pink lipgloss lightly covered her lips.

"Eh. He's too busy reading his animes to bother with attendance," I said. "Plenty of time to be late when I sleep in."

Emma snorted at this, a sound you'd never imagine her to make if you saw her in person. "You're always late."