Chapter Three

I'm was failing all of my classes by the third week of school. I wasn't failing photography though, it's impossible to fail that class. 

Mr. Wilson is a strange teacher, but he is nice. He brings cookies to class everyday, not the crappy stale kind. The really soft, chewy, melt in your mouth kind. On the first day of school he said that sugar opens the mind. I think he just likes cookies.

He lets us take the cameras home too. He says it's incase we find some inspiration while we're home. I haven't found any yet. Well, if I have, I don't feel it.

The other day, I was sitting on my couch with my camera. My brother was making a pillow fort and he hid inside of it when he finished it. When my mom passed by the fort he burst out of it and freaked my mom out. For some reason, I was messing with my camera and snapped a picture of him jumping out of the pillows. His eyes were buldging out of his head, his mouth was wide open, his hands were striked up clawing the air, and pillows were flying everywhere. I decided to bring it in for class because I had nothing better.

Mr.Wilson was walking around the classroom, checking out what everybody had brought in. I was looking at my photo when Mr. Wilson walked by and he took it right out of my hands. He gazed at it for a few moments, then gave it back to me, his face lit with happiness. He said it had a secret meaning, that it could stand for the monster inside of everybody. I just thought it was funny.

He looked over at Dylan's picture of a lilac flower and frowned. "You should watch Logan more, and maybe you'll find real inspiration, Mr.Brown." Mr.Wilson said, patting Dylan on the shoulder. He took one more look at my photo and smiled, then walked away to help another student. Dylan looked at my photo with confusion. I contemplated telling him that I didn't understand either, but that would mean I would have to talk. Instead, I just smiled down at my random "work of art."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some may wonder how you can fail almost all of your classes after three weeks, but it is very easy. I just sleep through them. But sometimes I can't sleep and just look out the window. 

I sleep through lectures. I sleep through tests and quizzes. I sleep through teachers yelling at me. I sleep through kids screaming at their friends from across the room. I even sleep through fights.

Of course sleeping through such chaos didn't come natural to me.

Ha, who am I kidding, of course it did.

Sometimes I feel like sleeping is the only thing I'm good at. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents were sitting on the couch when I entered my house after school. I was stretching for I had just finished a good nap on the bus.

"Hello Logan." My dad said. I put my back pack on the coat rack, I should probably start wearing a sweater now, it's getting chilly. "The school called today..." Dad began.  How interesting. Not.

"They said your grades have fallen at a fast rate." My mom continued, "I don't know what is going on, but those grades better be up by the end of the quarter or else." 

Or what? You'll take away my invisible computer, or my bed?

"Tanya, she'll have them up soon, don't over react." Dad said.

"I'm not." Mom snapped.

"Really? What does 'Or else' insinuate?"

"It's just a figure of speech, jesus Authur."