9

~Spirit's pov~

"Y'know what would make me even more proud?" I asked.

"What?" Angel asked, his voice full of excitement.

"If you put on some pants." I said and his face fell. "You don't like seeing me naked?" He asked.

I bit my lip, trying to think of something to say, "I - ummm

#9

"Dude, I was joking." I say, looking at my my brother who still looked disappointed, "but seriously," I pick up the pants that he'd discarded the night before and pushed them into his chest, "put on some pants." I then kiss his cheek and walk out of the room.

As I walk into the kitchen Aura looks up at me from where he's stand at the counter,
cutting fruit. An awkward silence comes over us as I sit on the stool across from him.

I shift awkwardly as my phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I sigh and pull out my phone for a distraction. 4 missed calls and 6 missed text messages from Rebel. I bite the hangnail on my thumb as I scroll through his messages.

<10:41 last night sent to Spirit from Rebel> The fuck's gotten into you, Spirit? Pick up your damn phone.

<10:44 last night sent to Spirit from Rebel> Seriously, dude, I'm worried.

<10: 50 last night sent to Spirt from Rebel> Fuck it. I give up. Do what ever the hell you want. Obviously I don't matter that much to you.

<4:24 this morning sent to Spirit from Rebel> I retract my last statement, please answer me.

<5:00 this morning sent to Spirit from Rebel> Spppppiiiiirrrriiiiittttt, I need your help, please answer me.

<5:12 this morning sent to Spirit to Rebel> Dude this isn't about us fighting anymore, some serious shit is going down.

<5:14 this morning sent to Rebel from Spirit> I was sleeping. Seriously, what the fuck do you want, dumbass?

<5:14 this morning sent to Rebel from Spirit> My house ASAP. Can't explain over the phone.

I sigh as I stand up and put my phone back in my pocket. Aura looks up at me, "I'm leaving in thirty minutes," I say and Aura frowns. "What? Why?" He asks, looking me in the eye.

I quickly look away, "Rebel's a dumbass and can't clean up his own messes. I told you last night that I was going to leave early this morning this shouldn't be a surprise for you." I say, biting my lip.

"You're leaving!?" Angel asked, I look over at him. He's now fully clothed but has a more disappointed look than last time. I shift on my feet uncomfortably, "Rebel needs me; besides, I never said that you couldn't come with me." I looked at the ground.

"I'm coming." Angel said as he walked towards us. Aura sighs, causing me to look at him. "What about our life here? I can't just leave."

"I never said you had to come. But I need to leave soon." Aura sighs again, then looks at Angel, then at me. "You two need someone to protect you. I'm coming." I immediately smile, I don't know why I found it so comforting that I didn't have to force them to come.

I nod, "the only thing you need to take is clothes." Angel frowns as he sits on the stool across from Aura. "I don't have clothes here." Aura smirks, "and here I was thinking that you were only wearing my clothes because you love me."

A smile grows on Angel's face, "nope. I only have them on because Spirit told me to put clothes on." They both looked at me with smiles on theirs faces. I turned my head to the side, "why are you bringing me into this?"

Aura threw a strawberry at me, "have you never heard of sibling bickering?" I looked down as the strawberry hit my chest and fell to the ground. "Yes but that doesn't give you a reason to throw food at me."

Angel rolls his eyes, "you're supposed to throw it back at him." He says as he jumps off of the stool and picking the strawberry up of the floor and throwing so it hits Aura's face then falls back to the floor.

"That's immature," I say, still not getting why my brothers were acting like 5 year olds and throwing stuff at each other. Aura just shook his head and looked at Angel, "he'll get in eventually." He mumbled, Angel just nodded in agreement.

"Here, Spirit, you pack the fruit in these containers." He pulled containers out of the cupboard and sets them on the counter. "We'll go get packed. We can eat on the way to where ever we're going." I nod and take Aura's place, "no electronics."

*
A/N: If people are still even reading this I'm sorry for the long wait. I'll try harder to update more frequently.