4. The Arena

Note: There will be a few original characters in this chapter.

* * *

After the next class, Levy invited Lucy to come have lunch with everyone outside, which she agreed to. So Lucy, Levy, Natsu, Juvia, Gray, and Lisanna headed outside. As they walked down the hallway, a man approached them.

"It's that guy from earlier" thought Lucy, it was the one who Cana threw the chair at in the front office.

"Ah! Gajeel!" exclaimed Levy with a wide grin.

"Yo" he replied. Everyone else then greeted him. When Lucy said hello, he turned toward her and his eyes slightly widened.

"Hey, you're that chick from earlier" he said while pointing at her.

"You two met already?" asked Gray, who stood next to Levy with his hands in his pockets.

"Well..sort of. He passed by me at the front desk.." said Lucy.

"More like rammed, sorry 'bout that" he said while rubbing the back of his head.

"No no it's fine. I'm Lucy, by the way, Lucy Heartfilia. It's my first day here" she said with a charming smile.

"That so?" he responded.

"This here is Gajeel, he's an idiot!~" said Levy, with a big smile.

"Oi! The hell 's that for, chibi??" he asked while grabbing her into a headlock and messing up her hair.

"I heard you got in trouble again! Moron" she exclaimed while trying to escape his grasp.

"Aha...well" he said with a nervous smile and a sweat drop on his head as he released her.

"Hmph," Levy puffed out her cheeks and grabbed Lucy's arm, "let's go, Lu-chan, everyone!" she yelled as she walked down the hall and away from Gajeel.

"Oi! Wait up!" he exclaimed as he chased after them.

* * *

As the group walked outside they heard a small voice from across the courtyard.

"Minna!~"

Lucy looked over to see a small girl with long dark blue hair running toward them with a lunch box.

"Oh! It's a pretty lady!" she exclaimed with a surprised face, then she smiled and bowed, "it's nice to meet you! I'm Wendy Marvell. I'm a third year in the junior high section of the school."

"C-Cuuute" Lucy thought. She then chuckled and introduced herself. "I'm Lucy Heartfilia, it's nice to meet you, Wendy."

Wendy's smile then faded, and her eyes widened, "wait, Heartfilia?! Is your dad the one that owns the Z Foundation?!"

"Eh? Ah..yes he is.." she replied.

"Waah! That must be amazing!" she said.

"I've heard of that! Your father owns it?!" asked Levy looking excited. Lucy nodded in response.

"What's the Z Foundation?" asked Natsu as he sat down by a tree and put his hands behind his head.

"It's called The Zodiac Foundation. My father created it when I was about 8 or 9, they use Zodiac magic from the 12 spirits to form new medicines and try to find cures for things, I don't know much about it though.." she said with a melancholy expression.

"The twelve Zodiac spirits? That sounds amazing" said Lisanna.

"Mn mn" Levy nodded.

"Well, it is. The spirits are all very kind, I've known them for years now. They've been my best friends" said Lucy with a bright smile.