Chapter 2

Applejack was up around 5 AM, very early for her. She got dressed, brushed her teeth, and ate breakfast. On her way down stairs, she got a text.

'Hey AJ. It's Dani. Wanna hear my news?'

Applejck smirked, tapping her chin to what it might be.

'Sure. Lay it on me.'

'I'm going to a boot camp too! Well, one not near you.'

AJ smiled.

'Ya get to feel my pain now. ;) Lol.'

She put her phone away, her grandmother walking out.

"Applejack!? You all packed, sugar?" She hobbled down the stairs, her cane lifting and then smacking against the hard wood floors.

"Yup, Granny." The teen rolled her eyes and pointed to a pair of orange suitcases. She rolled them over to the front door.

Granny sighed. "Ah don't wanna do this to ya, child. But it fer yer own good." The older woman shoved the blonde girl out of the door, suitcases following. "The bus will be here soon!"

Applejack flinched as the old wooden door slammed shut behind her. She felt her phone vibrate.

'Hey, AJ. I just wanted to know...uhm...'

The text stopped there. The blonde could picture Dani, with her brown hair, her fingers probably running through it, stressed.

'What is it, Dani?'

'I uhm...I kinda like you...Can we go, like, out kinda? But, on the phone? I can't really get to you. You seem like a really really nice girl.'

Applejack was astonished. She was just asked out by her best friend. She immediately typed.

'Yes! I mean, sure. ;) I would like that.'

She heard a rattling vehicle stop by her house. She watched the rusted old doors creak open slowly. She walked onto it, the suitcases not far behind. The bus squeaked as if her weight plus the three other kid's weights were to much for it to handle. She sat down in a seat, the foam squishing under her. She sighed. "Here we go..."