Timmy

Something's wrong with my 6 year old son, Timmy. My ex-wife dropped him off this morning and didn't even walk him to the door. I had no idea he was even here until I found him sitting in the kitchen staring at the wall. I was wondering if she left so fast because of they eerie way he was acting, but when I called her to ask her what was going on with him it went straight to voicemail every time.

I kept asking him if there was something he wanted to talk about but he would just say no. For a half hour he just stared at that wall with a blank expression on his face.

I just sat there in silence and tried to think about what could be wrong with him. Then he very slowly started to turn his head towards me. As he did this his eyes widened considerably making the white part visible all the way around and his mouth stretched out into a big smile. He wouldn't break his gaze at me. His whole demeanor made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He still wouldn't say anything, he just stared right through me.

Finally my cell phone rang. I fumbled it out of my pocket and was happy to see it was my ex-wife. Hopefully she could tell me what was going on with him.
"I'll be right back Timmy," I assured him. He didn't respond, he just followed me with his eyes as I walked out of the room.

I went into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I flipped open the phone, "Hello...."

"Hey, sorry I'm running so late. I've just got to stop at the bank quickly, then I'll drop Timmy off. We should be there in 20 min."

Her words shot a cold chill throughout my entire body. I slowly slid the phone down from my ear as I heard the door behind me gently creak open.