Meeting Pastel

It was a new day at diamond shine high school. Palette had a lot of things to do. She was about to walk to her classroom when she was stopped by a girl.
"Palette! Hey! How've you been! I've been great! So what do you want to do after school, huh? Practice our part for the talent show?" The high energy Brown haired girl asked. But Palette was just too tired to deal with any of her crazy tactics today. The Brown haired girl frowned.
"I'm sorry rosemary. But I promised Misty to go with her to the forest. She said it's super important." Palette said with a sigh.

"Super important, huh? What about the talent show? We have to practice! This is the only chance to, I don't know. Well, Be noticed!" Rosemary threw her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, I know the talent show is important. But this, this is really important too. Misty could actually find her way back home. Go back to her family and all, be happy again. You know? I wanna be a big part of that." Her voice cracked. Misty, her caretaker and best friend had been taken away from her parents when she was just 12. She had to raise Palette on her own. Ever since then she'd been wanting to go back and let her family know that she's OK. Palette and Misty are the same age. The magic that took her away from her family made her not age until now.

The Bell rang.

"Ugh, not the Bell. Anything but school" Rosemary groaned and walked away.
Palette began walking into her classroom. It was crowded as always. She sat down next to a girl she had always seen but never talked to. Light pink skin with purple hair and a blue strip in it. She was very pretty but she was very quiet. So she rarely got called on because she never answered.

• after school. •

She was slowly walking through an empty field of grass. But suddenly she heard a voice behind her.
"How was school today?"

"Oh. It was fine I guess... So, where are we going today?" Palette asked the voice as she turned around. Misty was all dressed up in gear. "Why are you dressed up like that?" Palette asked snickering. "I have to be prepared, Palette." The blue haired girl said.

"Sooooo, where is it? Where's the place?" Misty grinned.
"We're not going anywhere, it was just so you can come over here. Because I was kinda feeling like pranking you, but there is no place that we're going."

"You're messed up. I told Rosemary that I couldn't practice with her because I was coming with you!" Palette was a little annoyed that Misty had lied about it

• going to practice with Rosemary. •

"Oof!" Palette got hit my the basketball that Pastel (the quiet girl I was talking about earlier) was playing with.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! This is my first time playing basketball and hit you! I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!" Pastel kept repeating the apology. Scared that Palette was going to snap and she was going to get in trouble.
"Eh, its OK." Palette started laughing. Which made the quiet girl confused. "Why are you laughing? You got hit by a ball in the face that is hard as a rock. That can't be funny."

"Oh, I don't get hurt. Because I am not human. I am Magical." But then Palette paused realizing she wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. "Hehe I mean that I... It hurt a lot!" But the purple haired girl understood that it was a secret. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. It's OK". Pastel has never seen magic but she did know that for a while there were some magical girls at Canterlot high school. She'd been wanting to meet them but after a while she gave up on trying to go over there.

"anyways, I have to go. I promised my friend I'd help her practice for the talent show." Palette said pulling out her phone and checking the time. She was gonna be late. "Ok! What's your name?"

"Color Palette, yours?"

"Pastel sky! I'll see you later I guess!"

"Ok!" Palette was really happy that she made a new friend. It's been a pretty long time that anyone has actually conversed with her.