And So It Begins

Friendships can come from the most unexpected of places, they can be instant and bright, like those of a childhood friend, they can be created by a living and breathing connection, like those of friends in common, or they can be slow built and unsure, these tho the hardest at times, can come to be the ones that last the longest, and grow into something more...when both parties are willing to give it a try.

Though all forms of friendship are equally important, one must remember, and by default take note that in this story, the type of friendship that seems to stand out is the latter of them all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news came as no surprise, after all housing exchange students was really more of a joy than a burden for the Jones family, what did however surprise Scarlett was that the so called "student" they would be housing this time around was the type of record he kept. After all few could boast that they had been in juvie before, much less for assault, along with the impressive list of psychologists and therapists that followed suit.

The day Scarlett's new house guest was do to arrive a minor if somewhat childish argument arose between the two women of the house. While one flittered around in her bedroom in a mad attempt to be ready in time before the school bus arrived to whisk her away, the other a much more mature woman sat upon the others unmade bed.

"So...you sure he won't try to kill us in our sleep, I mean, the guy does have a pretty long file..." Scarlett began, only to be quickly cut of by her mothers reply.

"Scarlett Elizabeth Jones! I thought we raised you better than that! I mean really, kill us in our sleep?"

"What?! It's a legitimate question! You can't blame me for being concern for our safety! Come on mom, even you must be riled up after reading his file!" A weak attempt at defense if there ever was one, but what could one expect from a 17 year old.

"Yes well...It's not important, what matters right know is that we show him love and support." Scarlett's mother replied.

"Riiiiight..." Came the sarcastic and dry response, however with a withering sight her mom ended the argument once and for all.

"Look Scarlett can you promise to at least be civil? Please...for mommy?"

"...Well yeah..I mean, I always am right?"

"Right".