Chapter 2: The attack

Mabel POV

I was drinking hot chocolate with Jume at the table. "The console is getting out of hand Mabel. They are thinking of lowering the age for kids to fight, they are thinking around Ford's age."

"They can't do that! Age 10 isn't the right age. That is when magic starts to form, when their growing up to be preteens and 10 is such a young age Jume. They can't do that!" I protested.

"Well they are working it up and forcing a lot more out of everyone. Terrible things Mabel, They are going to make this whole system into a dictator system Mabel. All the kids, if they could walk and talk, are going to military no matter what age. They are going to take all the boys and train them and stuff the women and girls into the nursing and being slaves to produce warriors Mabel. Once they start doing that they are going to start to kill the woman, once they get old to have kids and if there is too much baby girls they are going to kill them too."

"Th-they can't do that! Jume we must do something! You are Cade's grandson! You have the rightful spot to be chief!" I exclaim.

"I tried to take the spot but I guess you can guess who got the spot."

"Mr. Trink." I hiss, "I really do hate that guy."

"Ding! Ding! Yeah right when the brought Grandfather's body he step right in. I tried to protest against him but he turned everyone against me. Like saying how Pine Tree was my brother in law and the Pipure family are traitors and we are loyal to Lord Cipher."

"Like I said, I really hate him." I added.

Then the earth started to shake, "Jume?" I ask. Then we headed out to the door. Then I couldn't believe my eyes. There was smoke everywhere and people screaming and running away. Then I could see shadow demons running in.

"They found us!" I gasp.

"Mabel get the kids and run!" Jume orders, then he walk out. "Jume! Jume what are you doing!" I cried out to him. "Just get the kids and run! Don't worry about me; I'll try to hold them down. Get the kids and as much people as you can to get out of here!" Then Jume was gone. I quickly close the door and run to my kids room. They were already awake. "Mommy what is going on?" My youngest LanLee ask in fear. I grab her "We got to leave now! The demon's found us and we must go! Ford get the bag!" I ordered.

Ford, my oldest, went into the cover and grabs the bag and swings it over his shoulders. Mayvis, my oldest girl and the oldest twin of Dipper, was trying to put her shoes on, "Mayvis don't worry about your shoes we got to get out of here and fast!" I snap as I grab her hand. "Ford! Dipper! Let's go!" Then we headed to the door. We all got together, "I want you to stay close. I'm going to carry LanLee, Mayvis you hold my hand, Ford stay close and Dipper hold Ford's hand. Got it? This isn't a drill and I need you kids to listen to me!" All my kids nod. "Alright, let's go!" Then we rush out with the chaos.

Everyone was rushing to the escape pods with the shadow demons hunting everyone down. Ford stood close to me as we ran with the crowed. We ran through the crowed, running to the pods. Then I heard the sound that sank my heart. It was a screech of a flying shadow bird. I look up and there was dozens of them and they came swooping down at the crowed.

"Duck!" I order and we all duck and in time. The bird swoop down missed us but grab the other person that was next to us. "Keep running!" I ordered out again.

The crowed was getting smaller now, since the birds were coming in. Another one swoops down and tackles the person in front of us and started to eat them. We ran pass them. The more we got closer the more people were being eaten by the birds. Then a bird came down and tackles me. We all tumble to the ground and I lost grip of all my kids and the bird was on top of me.