Chapter 1

Maya POV

My step-father sat across from me at the dining-room table as he slide a stack of papers over to me with a small smirk on his face.

I'm 16 teen and Im on summer vacation, so that means I have to find a job. My mom lost her job and she has a hard time finding a new one. My step-dad wants me to get a job and help pay bills till my mom finds a new job, but that might take forever. I tried to find a job on my own but it didn't work out so well.

"Why are you giving me these for?" I asked while grabbing the papers. "Babysitting?
Are you serious?"

"Mr & Mrs Friar need someone to watch their 1 year old daughter, Ava. They're afraid to leave to leave her alone with their older son Lucas because he's irresponsible and we trust you to be responsible and take this job seriously. You will be babysitting from 10am till 8 and sometimes on weekends.You start tomorrow." He said while walking away.

This summer is going to horrible. I don't really have friends I'm the girl who loves school and like to learn. I would tutor people, but it doesn't go so well because the kids I tutor before just sits on their phone all day. I also get bullied by Riley Matthews I don't know why she bully me , I try my best to avoid her. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.