Chapter One

Jane stood in the forest watching her breath turn into vapor as she waited. She shivered and rubbed her hands together for warmth. Her long black hair falling in her face. She heard footsteps and soon felt arms around her waist from behind. "I'm sorry I'm late." Lucy said, her head buried in Jane's shoulder. Jane sighed and turned around, taking Lucy into her arms. "It's okay. I know right now it's not the easiest to sneak out." Lucy looked up at Jane smiling "But it's all worth it to be with you." She said making Jane chuckle "You are so cheesy." Jane stated kissing Lucy's nose, Lucy scrunched her nose up and laughed. "Yeah but it's why you love me." She said with a smile and a sweet kiss to Janes lips. Jane smirked and gladly kisses back. For a minute everything was okay, nothing in the world could bother them and for a the first time in weeks the two lovers could finally be happy together. Even if it was just for a few moments. They pulled away from each other and Jane rested her forehead on Lucy's. "I can't believe we have to keep this secret. I just want to show you off. Be able to kiss you whenever I want." Jane sighed. Lucy pouted at her and pecked her on the nose. "I know you do babe, but you know how my parents are and you know what everyone would say about it." Jane stared into her girlfriends eyes. Wondering how she got someone so amazing. I mean, Lucy was beautiful and she was so popular and colorful and nice. But Jane, she was a punk, she only wore black, and she hated anyone and everyone. Except Lucy of course. "I know I know but, it's just not fair. I love you." "And I love you too but, my parents would kill me if they knew about this." "Then let me take you away" Jane pleaded. "Let me take you to places you have never been before. Let me protect you." Lucy bit her lip and looked into Janes dark eyes. "I don't know, what if my parents found us. And not many people in the world will accept us." "Then I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you, and I won't let your parents keep us apart." Jane said looking into Lucy's green eyes, Jane reached her hand up and cupped Lucy's cheek, Lucy leaning into her touch, closing her eyes. "I'll think about it." Lucy finally said after a few minutes of thinking. Jane let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "Thank you." "But you owe me!" Lucy said laughing holding Lucy's hand that was still on her cheek. Jane smiled "Is that so?" Lucy nodding biting her lip again. Both girls leaned in at the same time. Their lips meeting in a passionate kiss. "I love you." Jane said during the kiss. "I love you even more." Lucy responded with a smile.