Chapter 2- The Research

Jenna's POV

After school, I decided to bring Chris and that Mathew kid to the library. I wanted to know about that road.

We went to the oldest library in town. I walked through the big oak doors and saw the librarian. I smiled, "Hi! I was wondering if you have any books about this town? It's for um a history project." She smiled back, "Yes, dear. Follow me, please." I motioned for Chris and Mathew to follow.

The librarian took us to the very back of the library. I looked at the humongous shelves of books. She smiled, "All of these books relate to the town. If you want any historical documents, let me know, so I can show you the archives." She left us alone with thousands of books. I announced, "Ok. So we have 6 days until we will explore the road. I want to see it by Halloween night because I have a feeling something special will happen. Anyway, look for any books that involve that road, magic, or anything odd." They both nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

We poured through the books and I saw nothing! Nothing! I groaned, "All of these books are about the founders and etcetera. None of the books include that road or anything odd." Mathew grinned, "Maybe the answer is in the archives, cutie pie." I rolled my eyes, "Of course and stop flirting it's annoying." I went up to the librarian and asked, "Could you show us the archives?" She motioned for us to follow and led us to a bookshelf. She put her finger to her lips, "Shh." She took out a random book and the book shelf flipped open. We walked inside and it was dimly lit. She smiled, "I'll add more light in." She flipped the switch and the room became bright. I was shocked, "How is this here? What is this place?"

She had a different look in her eyes, "This place is the archives of this town. This town holds many secrets and only the desired can find out. There was an old prophecy that one day, three kids will embark on a remarkable journey. They will learn the secrets of the town."

"I, myself, know some of them, but not all. The books hold the answers, you just have to find out for yourself. There is no turning back now. This is your density, desired ones."

In a flick, she disappeared. I got frightened now, "What just happened?" Chris was pale, "I don't know and I'm afraid to find out." Mathew just rolled his eyes and scanned an old document. He frowned, "It looks like we got into this mess. We meddled with this town, so there's no turning back." I paced back and forth, "I don't understand. What prophesy? Why did she call us desired ones? I think I'm going to faint." With that, I blacked out.

Author's Note: Suspense! Anyway, this chapter is a bit short and I'm sorry. I will work on longer chapters soon. Actually, I was thinking about discontinuing, but someone wanted to know more....so I got inspiration! Please vote or comment if you liked this! Thanks!