STRANGERS TO GOOD FRIENDS

The two weeks long final exams begun in The Rochester High School. I was in Eighth Standard that while. My preparations for the exams was done. As usual I boarded my bus which took from my home that was in Pete Street to King Street. That was a long distance 10 kilo meters or somewhat. It had became my routine as I had been done this for past 8 years and 9th years was going to begin soon. Bus was all quiet all knew it were exams going on, so all were focusing on their books rather than talking shit in the morning. I and my friend, Robert, were discussing the subject as he was even in Eighth.

  We reached the school, the tension levels were high. We were slowly moving upstairs, towards our Examination hall. I and Robert both were in different blocks. Entering my block  I heard the shout, "Maxwell!" I turned around it was Martin. He used to sit right in front of me as his roll number was 23 and mine was 24. We both used to copy a lot during exams, though we had a clean sheet, we both were never caught copying. We both began to revise together and Rebecca entered. Rebecca used to sit with Martin last examination, she was a seventh standard girl. Mine and Martin's partners both were switched. A different pattern of sitting this time. I was happy that moment, cause the person who used to sit with me was a kind of gay, he used to look so and even people used to tease him a gay! So Martin unluckily got that Gay af! and I got to sit with Rebecca. I liked her, She was cute. I, Rebecca, Martin and that gay became a kind of group. We gossiped a lot, actually the examiner didn't allowed us to change the sits, so we guys didn't have any other option rather that gossiping and talking shit.
I used to like Rebecca's company, last examination we were just stranger though she used to sit in front of me. We weren't the kind of that we became after becoming partners. Days passed, I and Rebecca became good friends and the exams got over. Those two weeks made me have a crush on Rebecca.

 After exams, during the holidays we both were just connected through Facebook. Even though we were friends on Facebook, we didn't had a chat yet. The holidays passed, a new academic year begun in Rochester High School. The day was delightful. As I reached home, I stuck to the computer. Switching on the computer, first thing I did was logging in on Facebook. I saw Rebecca was online, thus I sent her a message.
"Hey", I got a quick reply
"Hii" And so on we began to about our day in school. Our new class teacher and 1 thing we both noticed, that we both had different bags during the exams. Slowly chatting with Rebecca became usual. We both used to chat a lot at times. Mostly, we had normal, around the world topics. It was 16th of April, when Rebecca started a bit different topic.
"So any crush Maxwell?"
"Yeah, 1." was my reply, I usually used to hide my feeling though I gut up to say I had 1.
"Who?" She replied.
"I guess you don't know her" I had guts to say I had a crush but not that it was Rebecca herself.
"Ohh"
"You?"
"No
Actually
.
No leave it." Continously she messaged.
"You were saying something?"
"No no, Leave it"
"Say it"
"I said na leave it!"
"Common Say it." I forced her, to make her say what she was saying.
"Okay! Promise you wont get hurt!"
"Sure Promise" I was in suspense what she was gonna say.
"I Like You!
That's it!" I was shocked. No girl had approached me yet. I had goosebumps.
"Woah!
Actually, that crush? It you!
I didn't say you but its you!."
"Really? Why did the hell did you lie then?"
"I thought you would get hurt. Sorry!
By the way, can I say you something if you won't mind? Promise you won't get hurt."
"Yeah, Sure say"
I gut up, Made my mind to propose her.
"Rebecca, I", I took a pause.
"I?" She replied quickly.
"Love" Again I took a pause
"Love? Say fast" She seemed to be excited and happy.
"You! That's it! Will you be my girlfriend? Am really sorry if this hurts you. Did it?" It looked lame me asking 'Will you be my girlfriend'
"No, It didn't"
"So, the answer of my question?"
"Yeah, you will get it soon. Please give me some time.
"By when will I get my answer?" I was very excited for reply.
"By tomorrow, I guess"
"Okay, I will be waiting"
"Bye"
"Bye"
That night, I couldn't sleep. I was damn excited for the reply. Waiting when will tomorrow come and I get the answer.